Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareMonitors · 1 decade ago

why does my screen go dark after every five minutes?

i have a dell inspiron 1525 laptop and after every five minutes when i am using it.

can someone help me solve this problem plz

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

If this happens even while you're using the keyboard or mouse, I have no solution, but if it happens while you're, say, watching a long video and not doing anything by hand, I'd say your screen blanker is set to a five minute timer.

Assuming you have Windows,

In Windows XP:

1. Right-click on the Desktop and select Properties.

2. Click the Screen Saver tab.

3. Select a screen saver and set the timeout to whatever seems comfortable to you.

4. Click OK.

In Windows Vista (possibly 7, too):

1. Right-click on the Desktop and select Personalize.

2. Click Screen Saver.

3. Select a screen saver and set the timeout to whatever seems comfortable to you.

4. Click OK.

Hope that helps.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

its probably a power saving technique, if u click on the battery icon, then select more power options, there should be an option that says choose when to turn off the display, then click that and adjust the time, its probably that, if u r running windows 7

• 1 decade ago

It's your screensaver or energy saving.

If you don't know where to find the settings, right click on your desktop and look at the settings.

• 1 decade ago

that is your computer going to sleep. if you wiggle the mouse it comes right back on right? you need to go and see what you have your screensaver settings on (right click on desktop, go to properties) if you have it set to every 5 mins it will do that. also go to the menu on your monitor and see what you have set as your power saver time. (go to menu on monitor, then moniter management).

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Screensave or sleep mode.

Turn them off.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.