2010 Tax refund not here as expected?

So I filed through h&r block per usual. I have done this the past five years. And every year they give me a date that the taxes should be in and it's usuall in a day early. This year I was told the 29th...today. I even Check the irs.gov website which says the following...

Your tax refund is scheduled to be direct deposited on January 29, 2010. If your refund is not credited to your account by February 3, 2010, check with your bank to find out if it has been received. Please wait until February 3, 2010 before you contact us again because we are unable to take any action until then.

I called my bank at 9 this morning, and they say there is no pending deposit. Now I'm freaking out and don't know what to do. Any information would help.

• Favorite Answer

The IRS transmits ACH deposits overnight on Thursday nights / Friday morning. It takes several hours to pump the whole thing out over the Fedline (the Federal reserve network that connects banks to the Fed's clearinghouse) system. From that point it can take a few hours to 3 or 4 days for the funds to post to your account depending upon your bank's posting procedures and how busy their systems are.

Take a chill pill and relax. There's NOTHING that you can do to expedite the process and until it's been at least 4 days since the IRS says that they transmitted your refund, there's NOBODY that you can call other than to check your bank account to see if the funds have been posted.

If your refund was released as scheduled (there are dozens of reasons that it might not have been) and if the routing and account numbers match and your name matches you should see your money by Monday morning at the beginning of the banking day at the latest. You may see it sometime Friday if your bank posts transactions in real time. (Not all banks do.)

Not all banks post "pending" transaction notifications so the fact that you don't see a pending deposit is meaningless.

I used TaxAct.com to electronically file my 2009 tax return, and chose to have my refund directly deposited into my credit union checking account.

My return was accepted by the IRS on January 17 2009. At that time, according to both the TaxAct.com and IRS Where's MY refund websites, the refund was scheduled to be deposited into my bank account on January 29. The TaxAct.com has continued to show Jan 29 as the scheduled deposit date, through today.

However, when I checked the IRS Wheres MY refund site on Jan 29, it was now showing the scheduled deposit date as Feb 9.

I rechecked the IRS Wheres my refund site on Jan 30, and now it is showing a scheduled deposit date of Feb 4.

I think the IRS is confused this year.

I used tax act online and and I did not pre pay my fees. My money was sent from the IRS last night to Republic Bank. I went on Republic Banks sight and all the information was there. I called Republic Bank to see when they were sending out my DD to my bank. They have already sent out refund deposits and they say it takes 1-4 days to post into my personal bank account. So, if you used a third party to efile, I would check with the finacial insititution they use, especially if you didn't prepay for any filing fees they may have. Hope this helps... I feel a little better knowing that at least it's not stuck with the IRS.

I'd be freaking out too, what can you do but wait? This was really the first Friday for deposits, the deposit may still come in. I would call Saturday to see if it came in late, if not you have to wait until Feb. 3rd. Good luck to you, hope you get it.

Source(s): Banker for over 25 years

Do as Irs stated about giving it til the 3rd to contact them. Obviously the 29th-3rd is a time frame they are giving to allow the DD to take place. So I would do just that, and wait until the 3rd to contact them if you havent already received it. I say dont freak out since the 3rd isnt here. Relax a little and give it til then. :)

i pretty much asked the same question. mine also says the same thing, i also filed Jan 20, and it got accepted Jan 20. It now says Feb 2 on WMR, and i was wondering that though it does say BY feb 2. so hopefully that is like a NO LATER THAN thing, and we will get it jan 29, fingers crossed. I have seen some people posting that theirs say direct deposit ON Jan 26 which is the week before..and I dont understand as that isnt a friday either. so that is throwing me off. maybe we really are getting them on the 2nd then What form did you use? I used a 1040A. Someone else said they did too and theirs is feb 2 and their son who filed same day used the EZ form and hes getting his on the 26th. maybe thats why? doesnt explain the change of dates tho

all the new filing Forms didn't come out till yesterday there are more credits you should receive that means more money iam from Missouri and hr block wouldn't even finish mine until today so you may want to give them a call theres a new credit for people 400.00 if single and make under 80,000 and 800. if married and make under 165,00 GOOD LUCK

Source(s): H&R block

It has to be the individual banks because ours was supposed to deposit today according to WMR and this morning at 4:45 it was in my bank.

It seems like we are all in the same situation! We just need to wait until Monday or the 3rd to see if anything shows up! I personally believe that they are overwhelmed with number crunching that it is just being delayed b/c you have to image all the people that is unemployed and have nothing to look forward to but this huge tax check to pay their bills! Just pray it will show up soon

You are not alone! I'm glad others are posting, the same is happening with me and I've been filing mine for the last 8 years with no problems!!! Mine and my brothers...I'm so mad right now....maybe it will be there in the morning..I've never heard of a deposit being made in the middle of the day......fingers crossed.