What time do the IRS deposit tax returns in your bank account...............?

I called the IRS on Tuesday to see when will I be getting my tax return. I will told Friday 29 (which is today). I woke up at 12am, to check my account theres nothing there but, my pay check I bank with Wachovia as of now its still not there is anyone else having the same problem. Let me know................. Is there a certain time line its already 10:52 a.m.

P.S. I will keep you guys posted and please do the same thanks

• Favorite Answer

The IRS transmits ACH deposits overnight on Thursday nights / Friday morning. It takes several hours to pump the whole thing out over the Fedline (the Federal reserve network that connects banks to the Fed's clearinghouse) system. From that point it can take a few hours to 3 or 4 days for the funds to post to your account depending upon your bank's posting procedures and how busy their systems are.

Take a chill pill and relax. There's NOTHING that you can do to expedite the process and until it's been at least 4 days since the IRS says that they transmitted your refund, there's NOBODY that you can call other than to check your bank account to see if the funds have been posted.

If your refund was released as scheduled (there are dozens of reasons that it might not have been) and if the routing and account numbers match and your name matches you should see your money by Monday morning at the beginning of the banking day at the latest. You may see it sometime Friday if your bank posts transactions in real time. (Not all banks do.)

Not all banks post "pending" transaction notifications so the fact that you don't see a pending deposit is meaningless.

I am not sure what is going on but I to bank with Wachovia and none thing has been deposited and my friends bank with Suntrust and it is the same issue none thing have been deposited but I guess every bank is different So i to will keep checking the site to see what the deal is. ok update to those who use Wachovia i am on the phone with them now .............the customer service rep said he did not see anything posted at the time and to give a call back around 2 to check to see if updates have been posted that's all i have for now.

I also bank with bank of american, as of 6:18 pm. I have not recieve my direct deposit from the IRS. My paycheck was in my account. My Coworker recieved hers, on a wal-mart cash card at midnight. Next year, I am thinking about putting mine on a card. I can not get any answers from my bank, or the IRS. They said if I dan't here anything by 2/3. Call back.

• Jss

If you e-filed your tax return, you should get your refund within 15 days (even in 10 days) if you opted for direct deposit and 21 days if IRS send you a paper check. If you have mailed you return to the IRS, then you should receive your refund check within 6 weeks.

If the refund was direct deposited in your bank by IRS, which is normally on Friday, you will see it in your bank on Monday or Tuesday.

To see status of your return on IRS website, you must wait for 15 days after your efiled return was accepted.

I'm with Bank of America, nothing yet for me and there are so many people having this same problem. I know all of us need our money equally as bad as everyone else. WMR has no info for me. I will keep researching and provide an update as soon as I hear something.

They will be transmitting batched of dd all day today. So many ppl filed early, that they have to send them in batches and they do that every few hours. This happened last year on the first day of direct deposits too. Some ppl did not get theirs until that night. Stop worrying so much, relax and have some patience.

my banking is comerica and my fees were bein deducted for preparing my taxes through republic i called them they said they sent it 2 make bank yesterday at 8:30am and it could take from now untill monday 2 show since there are so many this year it could be jam packing the banks computer system (keeping my fingers crossed 4 every1)

I am in the same boat... I filed thru taxact and WMR and the lady on Tuesday said it would be deposited on the 29th..... I bank with Bestbank and they have nothing. I am getting so scared I need it badly. :-( or should I say my kids need it badly.

I bank with Bank of America.. I was supposed to get mine today too.. nothing yet.

Ours was pending in our acct on the 28th and first thing this morning when I checked online banking it was there. Hope you get it soon.