Tragus piercing bump?

I got my tragus pierced in December, and it has now formed a small bump on the inner side. It doesn't hurt at all, I'm just worried about the infection, and I'm not sure how to get rid of it. Maybe changing it to a barbell? (I have a horseshoe in it right now). Any tips? thanks. As of right now, I am soaking it in epsom salts in warm water, and then applying antibacterial wash and Polysporin.

Also, if someone could tell me how I can put the ball on the back of my barbell that would be great, seeing as I can't put the barbell in from the back because of the bump.

Favorite Answer

belle is right. it's a keloid. and just like her I have gotten them with all my piercings. I have my tragus belly button industrial and rook and everyone but my rook has been like that. just soak in salt water sometimes and use bactine. they will go away. :)

Source(s): experiance.

maybe its a keloid scar? i had that will ALL my piercings and i used bactine on them and it went away... it was a small red bump that sometimes contained puss.