Contractor/sub contractor remodeling problems?

We hired a contractor back in October to remodel our kitchen. The remodeling was supposed to be done before Thanksgiving. It was almost finished except for the trim and one shelf which were not yet finished. We were then promised it would be done by Thanksgiving, as we were hosting dinner for all of our family. ... show more We hired a contractor back in October to remodel our kitchen. The remodeling was supposed to be done before Thanksgiving. It was almost finished except for the trim and one shelf which were not yet finished. We were then promised it would be done by Thanksgiving, as we were hosting dinner for all of our family. It wasn't finished. We were THEN told it would CERTAINLY be done by the time we had our Christmas party on Dec. 19th. It wasn't. And you guessed it...it still isn't finished. The problem is...our contractor paid the cabinet maker in full and I suppose he has no incentive to return. It has mostly been left on my shoulders to call and hassle the cabinet maker. Yesterday, I called the contractor (who hired the cabinet maker) twice, and got no answer, no return. I'm FED UP! It's been 3 months now, and the job is not finished. I considered calling an attorney, but I'm afraid that would cost as much as calling in someone else to finish the job. What are my options at this point?
6 answers 6