My Brother printer won't install on Windows 7 because I don't have the "latest service pack" - help?

When I try to install my Brother DCP-135C printer it tells me I can't because I need to download the latest Window(R) service pack. But I've googled this and only service packs for XP and Vista are offered :(

Advice?

Best Answer

Windows 7 Driver for Brother DCP-135C:

http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/bsc/public/eu...

Windows 7 64bit driver for Brother DCP-135C:

• oni5 years agoReport

too bad, it doesn't work either :-(

Non of these suggestions were helpful sorry. I did have the Brother icon on the task bar a while ago and suddenly it has gone. Have now had to create a shortcut to the desktop for the printer DCP-150C so I can use it for scanning etc. Not as good as the original. Updates for the original software contain too many extras you don't need and end up having to uninstall everything, like backup software and driver scan software, that has to be registered to work...Bad news Brother, you have made a mess of your updates

• bobe

You need to go to the printer manufacture web site and download the "drivers" for the Window 7 version. Also pick either the 32 bit or 64 bit windows versions that is in your pc now. Then your printer will be compatible for Windows 7 in your pc. Certain printers mostly older ones may not be able to be used with Windows 7. Make sure you "uninstall" your older version printer from your pc before you download the newer Windows 7 version on your pc.

• oni5 years agoReport

too bad, it doesn't work either :-(

• Niketa

Yes you can, install should take a very long time, and on initial boot, your PC will be tested for performance, a bunch of features will be deactivated automatically. From the info you posted you should still have a sluggish performance tho. The main factor that you didn't mention is if you are using an integrated graphics card or some AGP card ??, this would make a major difference on what performance to expect. Nevertheless, it will install and run for sure.

• averyl

Brother Dcp-135c Driver Download

Your printer CD was produced before Windows 7 came out. You need to download the latest software from the Brother website

Sounds like the printer isn't compatibly with Windows 7. Try checking the printer manufacturer's site for more up to date drivers.

There is no service pack for Windows 7 yet.

Thumbs down? Obviously some moron thinks that there is.

Your printer isn't compatibly with Windows 7., see if Brother do updates for your printer

at the moment, i have the same problem. and no helpful solutions found on brother's website :-(