Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyOther - Skin & Body · 1 decade ago

Best Lip Balm for Dry Lips?

Hello

My lips are so dry in this cold wind! Thing is anything I wear is sticky so my hair just sticks to it in the wind lol - it's like wot the haha

Any suggestions???

Peace

Favorite Answer

Forever Living Aloe Vera Lip Balm

It's a godsend for dry lips and all natural, you can get some cheap on ebay! I have the same problem you're talking about.

Good Luck!

Blistex and Carmex are REALLY good for dry lips. :) You're going to think I'm stupid but I'm telling the truth about this... There is this one chap stick called Chicken Poop. And you can get it at a store called Academy. It smells like Fruit Loops and It's also VERY, VERY good for dry lips. :)

hi,

I would recommend using a lip balm containing shea butter. Shea butter is extremely good for your skin and lips especially the best during winter.Regular or daily application of shea butter leaves your skin soft and supple. It also gives your skin a healthy glow. It should be applied generously on the cracks of your feet, stretch marks and on extremely dry areas of your skin.

Try it out, you will surely like it!!!!

:)

Vaseline is always good.

you could also try exfoliating your lips before you apply the lip balm. Use an old toothbrush, put warm water on it, and gently rub it across your lips in circular movements to remove any dead/dry skin. Then apply lip balm to the new skin.

I do this and I find it really helps:)

l use Palmers Cocoa Butter moisturizing lip balm, also has a Sun factor and a wind-protection to stop it drying your lips out. You should try it. lt's good.

i'm not a fan of blistex or vaseline, since i find they're both sticky and leave goo all over my fingers. shea or cocoa butter make it look like i have grease/oil all over my lips- totally gross. i have incredibly dry lips and during the day i use a chapstick called- Water in Lip. it's a japanese brand. at night, i use aquaphor ointment on my lips and go to bed. i haven't experineced chapped lips in a long while, and i don't even have to use chapstick every day now. :)

if you don't want anything too shiny and Water in Lip is too shiny for you, i really like the Hemp lip protector from The Body Shop is really good too! smells kinda funky/ good depending on your cent preferences. i like the smell, personally.

good luck.

water in lip: http://www.amazon.com/Shiseido-Water-Lip-Natutal-U...

hemp lip protector: http://www.amazon.com/Body-Shop-Hemp-Lip-Protector...

Source(s): i use both and i have chapped lips
  • Kerry

blistex, comes in creams or a vaseline like lip balm. I like the cream, but have been using the stick recently, also simple have a good one. make sure you drink plenty of water, or none will work so good wthout :)

vaseline.

i find that if you put it on straight after washing your face in the morning you don't need to keep applying it during the day. and avoid licking your lips too, that just makes them dryer after about 5 minutes.

Source(s): personal experience

Burts Bees products and carmex.

carmex