Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What are some controversial issues in california, or across the US? (for example Prop 8)?

I want a list or a few examples of controversial issues in california-- like abortion, gay rights, or the death penalty. I'll take as many as you cab list and maybe some websites or explanations if you want? Please and thank you!

Favorite Answer

As Speedy already said, Marijuana dispensaries.

However, I strongly disagree with him on this. The marijuana laws were passed with the intent of assisting terminally ill patients. It was to allow people some comfort for chronic pain. My father-in-law, who needed this as he slowly died of cancer, probably voted against the bill. But the reality is that these dispensaries just cater mostly to potheads who buy a "medical marijuana" card from some quack. Then they can "legally" get high. And these dispensaries attract crime, and expose children to weed. Just goes to show how a good idea and good intentions can get perverted.

California seems to be at the forefront of many issues nowadays, most of which you mentioned:

Gay Rights

Death Penalty

Prop 8

Taxpayer revolt (prop 13)

Government spending and financial difficulty

Offshore oil drilling

Abortion

Assisted suicide

Web sites: Google.com

• ?

California Controversial Issues

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): controversial issues california prop 8: https://tr.im/P7d8Z
  • Cory B

The one that really bothers me right now is the California Air Resources Board (CARB) recently they enacted rules that are forcing every business in the state to either retrofit of replace diesel engines at a minimum cost of $20000 per engine, this rule was enacted based upon a report written by a guy who admitted falsifying the information as well as his PhD. CARB also is considering a rule that will make it illegal to drive your vehicle with under inflated tires, and they penalty they are considering for this is 6months in jail and a $1000 fine. So yeah I have an issue with them right now

You forgot marijuana.

We were gonna have a marijuana dispensary in Nipomo but it got declined because the locals said, "Not in my town! Take that back to LA!" (see, the people that were gonna open the dispensary were based in Los Angeles.)

That made me so pissed off! Marijuana isn't even as bad as society claims it to be. Alcohol and cigarettes are WORSE and ironically, they're LEGAL!! 0_0

Stupid bigots that live here! Seriously, they piss me off! I hope to move to Fullerton soon!

______________________

Obviousman - Unfortunately, stupid potheads have to ruin it for everyone.

Keep in mind, sex shops are exposed to everybody as well, but at least we're smart enough not to let them enter a sex shop.

As for me? I have the decency to at least hide it from kids (the same way decent people who casually get drunk are smart enough to not to get drunk in front of children!)

I'm not going to get high in front of my 7 year old cousin or show him the instruments. That's just wrong!

I use it only for those typical stressful days and the weekend when the guys are here. Without ANY DOUBT, the people at the DiC/Disney/Warner Bros. Animation Studios use this stuff for future cartoons. I have made three cartoon series' ideas on that stuff!