illinois tax forms and stuff?

so its time for tax season. i am using the free turbo tax thing. but i refuse to pay 30.00$ for the state form. can i file it somewhere else for free. thats tooo much money and its easy

Favorite Answer

Only if you are willing to complete the Illinois Tax Return by hand. While I haven't done so myself, it is quite possible that you might be able to complete the Illinois return by going to the Illinois Department of Revenue's website and see if there is anyway this can be done via the internet, although, I really don't think that you can file the Illinois tax return via the internet.

You need to know the catch why they let you use the Federal tax software for free.

They are waiting for you to use the state software so they charge you for fee.

Making your tax using the associated software of the state (turbo tax) or any other software will help you to do it right.

If you want to do it for free, try to download all the necessary software from Illinois dept of revenue.

http://www.revenue.state.il.us/ElectronicServices/...

However, I suggest that you should download and pay the $30 which will help you to file your return

correctly.

It is easy when you have the figures from your Federal return. Go to the Illinois Dept. of Revenue website and you can do your state taxes online and fill in the form as you go.