oneeye
oneeye asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 decade ago

If a diagnosis of Clinical Depression allows insurance companies to deny coverage, where do you go ?

A friend has gone to therapy and was prescribed medication by an M.D. Now Anthem, Blue Shield, Blue Cross have denied her health insurance. She lives in California and would like the luxury of being covered by a health insurance policy. Anyone have any suggestions ? Thanks.

• SAK
    Favorite Answer

Group plans do not have the same stringent clauses that private policies have. Since there will be (on an average) a equal number of healthy people covered as those with chronic, preexisting or mental health related issues they figure the profits off those who will not need medical coverage will cover those who do make claims.

The only thing your friend can do is to shop around. There may be some companies willing to overlook the clinical depression. If worse comes to worse, she will need to look into PPO's or HMO's. The coverage may not be as liberal as a private policy but at least she will not have to go uninsured.

• scelfo

Um, I haven't any situation with an coverage organization asserting that a undeniable pre-present concern that become no longer lined via previous coverage isn't lined for 6 months. presently, my new coverage will proceed to disguise my pre-present circumstances at their modern-day ranges and could disguise any enhance in medicine on account that I had non-supply up coverage throughout the time of the final 6 months. That become between the recent issues that they wrote in previous to the well being care bill being exceeded. What i do unlike is after Obama signed the well being Care bill, the coverage that I had the final time i become unemployed which value me $a hundred twenty five a month became $950 a month after in basic terms 3 years and that i blame a great style of the upward push promptly on the entitlement physique of recommendations of the consumer-friendly American.

get a job in a hosp or something that has a good employee plan.

i try to write the answers your problem in my blog http://www.mystructuredsettlement.co.cc you can see any problem in my blog.