Fatty Liver? Alcoholic or Nonalcoholic?

My husband was diagnosed with fatty liver via enzymes and an ultrasound. The doctors appear to have led him believe that it is due to his weight (he is about 50 pounds overweight). However he drinks 2 liters of wine everyday, and he used to drink 18 beers everyday. Why are they assuming his liver problem is... show more My husband was diagnosed with fatty liver via enzymes and an ultrasound. The doctors appear to have led him believe that it is due to his weight (he is about 50 pounds overweight).

However he drinks 2 liters of wine everyday, and he used to drink 18 beers everyday. Why are they assuming his liver problem is caused by obesity and not by his alcohol consumption?

I'm worried because when the fatty liver is caused by drinking it is a much more dangerous thing right? Because they are making him think it is simply a weight issue he really isn't taking it seriously.