Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 1 decade ago

How do women feel about pornography?

Most of the women I met don't like pornography...unless they are prostitutes.

I am just wondering since I think porn is funny I tried to enjoy if a few times but I can't help but laugh at guys with low self esteem and whores.

• Holly
    Favorite Answer

Since you feel that the only women who enjoy porn are prostitutes its highly unlikely that a woman who is not a prostitute would feel comfortable revealing to you that they enjoy porn.

I watch porn on occasion. It's hilarious--these women are so obviously faking it. The guys do too. I don't give a flying leap off a two foot ladder about porn as long as there aren't any children in it (child pornography needs to be stopped) and everything is consensual.

Women vary quite widely in their views on this subject. Speaking only for myself, some porn is great, most is rather stupid, some is downright offensive, but as long as we're dealing with consenting adults, it's really a matter of taste more than anything else.

There is an ethical (not legal) question about whether it is wrong to nurture feelings and attitudes that may promote the mistreatment of other human beings, but there's a big (and highly debatable) empirical question there and in any case it's a matter of individual ethics, not a matter for the law, unless those attitudes are acted upon.

Some women do enjoy watching porn. In fact, some couples watch it together.

Why do you think that prostitutes like pornography? Unless they are getting paid to "preform" in it, why would they care about it anymore than the average person?

I personally don't care for it. I tried watching it a few times...it just doesn't do it for me. It's all so staged and clearly fake.

I don't know about that......Some of my girl friends like pornography, and they're sure not prostitutes, I can tell you that. You sound biased on this one. Just because one likes pornography, doesn't mean she's a hooker/prostitute. What does that mean, then? That all the men who like pornography, are manwh*res? Pornography is for everyone, and by that, I mean, INCLUDING women. You need to open your mind, some. Because you sound judgemental.

Source(s): I watch porn sometimes, too.
  • Leo

Many will say..yuck..it`s crude and it`s filth but oddly enough when it is looked in to by the experts 66% percent of them when asked admitted to watch it naughty girls. Now i wonder out of them 66% are armed with an array of sex toys that at time can be used alone when watching these movies?. Now that's bring us on to the stripper the humble stripper who entertains us men with those sexy moves.. Those girls are nothing more that sluts and whores that until the girls go and see those male strippers at hen nights..and then the strippers be come studs..Odd world we live in but porn in it`s various disguise will be here for till the the human races does not exists.

Source(s): Various research papers online and in the libraries

I don't like watching it by myself, but it's kinda fun with a partner. I don't care if guys watch porn.

A lot of women either view it as disgraceful for women or as competition for their partner's affection. Maybe it is disgraceful, but it's consensual so I don't see a moral quandary there. As for the other, unless the woman is willing to have sex every time the man feels the compulsion to get his rocks off, I don't think they have any room to complain either.

Given the plethora of porn websites, it seems to me that there are plenty of women who don't seem to mind at all getting banged on camera. It's interesting too that often times the guy's face is blurred out.

"Most of the women I met don't like pornography...unless they are prostitutes."

hahahahaha

maybe they just don't want to walk about pornography with you specifically, for whatever reason, nothing personal :)

Actually, I think prostitutes probably would dislike watching porn, since most people don't enjoy something too similar to their work on their down time. Women get involved in prostitution when they are desperate for money. Contrary to popular belief, prostitutes aren't sex-crazed sluts.