Do you think the Qassam rockets attacks on Israel justify the 11000+ Palestinians killed in revenge?

The Qassam rockets have been used as justification for a number of attacks on Gaza in particular, yet there have been a total of 19 Israelis killed by them. I fully agree that Hamas is a loathsome terrorist group that does not care about civilian casualties on either side, but why is Israel seemingly immune to criticism when it retaliates against rocket attacks, killing almost 1000 times as many people as the rockets have? And don't spin me the old chestnut about if you hit a bigger guy expect to get your butt kicked in response; Israel's reactions have been massively out of proportion.

Update:

To the answerers who say there would be no revenge if there were no rocket attacks-there would be no rocket attacks if Israel handed control of Gaza's borders/ food supplies/water supplies/ power supplies/ fuel supplies/ airspace back to the Palestinians, and pulled back to its 1967 borders, as the UN has been demanding it do since it took over the Occupied Territories

Update 2:

katerina; since 2000, Israeli soldiers have shot dead over 500 Palestinian kids, some as young as 6. Were they all firing rockets too? If the USA occupied a chunk of Mexico, they'd have every right to fight back against the occupying power.

Update 3:

katerina; since 2000, Israeli soldiers have shot dead over 500 Palestinian kids, some as young as 6. Were they all firing rockets too? If the USA occupied a chunk of Mexico, they'd have every right to fight back against the occupying power.

Update 4:

boomerang; my source is B'tselem, Israel's own human rights group. Feel free to check their stats yourself, they show that you are talking 100% shite

Update 5:

liberals are parasites; so you are saying in effect that the USA would be justified in massacring 330000 Arabs to avenge those killed on Sept 11th 2001? Do you have any idea how moronic your logic is?

Update 6:

annt hu deshalit; yet I have provided my ISRAELI source, which is a highly respected one. You on the other hand haven't. Who's the fantasist again? Oh, and you forgot one number; 10000-the number of Palestinian prisoners in Israel, compared to one Israeli prisoner in Gaza. It seems the Israelis like to do everything thousands of times more extreme than the Palestinians

10 Answers

Relevance
  • TJTB
    Lv 7
    10 years ago
    Best Answer

WATCH this Jewish holocaust survivor tell the truth about this on the floor of the British Parliament:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEYz00MqCx0

Youtube thumbnail

&fmt=18

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

too bad...if they don't want their butts handed to them then leave Israel alone! Why should Israel measure their response? Why should they give their enemies an advantage? Whether you like it or not...when you pick on someone bigger than you you can expect to get you butt kicked.

The moral of the story is stop picking fights with someone bigger than you then crying like a baby when you get smacked for it! If you ask me...Israel isn't harsh enough. The restrain they have shown has got them nothing more than continued attacks. They should pound them until they squeal and say uncle. If they wont.... then exterminate them.

I bet when you played team sports as a kid they didn't keep score did they? That way the losers wouldn't have to deal with reality that they suck..... hence your ideology.

• 10 years ago

Your numbers are pure fantasy.

The following are facts and figures about the conflict between Israel and Hamas in Gaza:

• 1 million: Israeli civilians under threat from Hamas rocket fire.

• 15: Seconds Israelis have to get to a bomb shelter once a warning siren has sounded.

• 2 million: Leaflets the Israel Air Force dropped on Gaza during Operation Cast Lead, warning civilians to stay clear of Hamas fighters.

• 200,000: Phone calls made by the Israeli army to civilians in Gaza warning of an impending strike near their residences.

• 8: Years Israel has endured rocket, missile and mortar fire from Gaza.

• 1: Israeli left in Gaza – Staff Sgt. Gilad Shalit,kidnapped by Hamas from Israel on June 25, 2006.

• 3,200+: Rockets and mortar fired from Gaza in 2008.

• 6,500+: Rockets and mortars fired from Gaza since Israel withdrew from Gaza in 2005.

• 10,389: Rockets and mortars fired from Gaza 2001-2008.

• 1,000+: People in Israel injured from rockets and mortars fired from Gaza since 2001.

• 27: Number of people killed by Palestinian rocket and mortar attacks since 2001.

• 242: Rockets, missiles and mortars fired at Israel from Gaza since the end of Operation Cast Lead.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

The only thing out of proportion is your numbers.

The Palestinian death toll is estimated at 3,400 people, out of which most were militants, which took part in Hamas' actions against Israel, and most of the rest were killed as a result of Hamas' actions (e.g. booby-trapping entire neighborhoods, storing explosives in residential houses, and launching rockets from them).

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • john k
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

I would guess that if there were no Rocket attacks there would be 11000 + Palestinians not Killed so I guess You should Find those who launched the Rockets and hold the accountable.

• jojo
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

Yes.

It matters not the success of ones enemy: it matters only your success, in time of war.

Any man that would use a woman or a child as a shield should be crushed to extinction.

• 10 years ago

The difference is that Israel isnt launching missles from behind women and children.

By the way, theres no such thing as 'out of proportion' in a time of war, you win by taking the fight to your enemy until hes erased from existance, end of story.

• jz
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

yet the palestinians, fueled by hamas, keeps it up. WHY? so hamas-types can continue providing the "fuel" for the endless war. and the endless world-wide hatred of israel and the everyday citizens suffer again.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

YEP...if they start it..and they are too stupid to do that and are terrorists and can't mind their own business and get their hatred under control...they deserve to ALL BE WIPED OUT.

MIND your own business and you don't get killed. ATTACK...then there is no limit to defense.....

THEY do not stop...why should Israel? That is ridiculous.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Let me see if Mexico was shoot rocket into the USA everyday what would we do ....? grow up ...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.