In high school during the mid 1990's I had to watch a news show every morning with Anderson Cooper, Lisa Ling?

Some Mexican guy named Rale Val Verde. A biracial lady was on the show, and a African American male. The show was called Channel One. I believe all of the people on the show were in their early 20's when it was filmed. I've seen (I hate calling her this) the biracial lady on MTV news, and CNN news. ... show more Some Mexican guy named Rale Val Verde. A biracial lady was on the show, and a African American male. The show was called Channel One. I believe all of the people on the show were in their early 20's when it was filmed.

I've seen (I hate calling her this) the biracial lady on MTV news, and CNN news. I've seen Lisa Ling on CNN as lot. I'd seen Anderson Cooper the most on CNN. I found out he got famous because his mom is a billionaire Vanderbilt, or something.

Have any of you been subjected to seeing this show if you were in high school in the early to mid 1990's? And why have several of the cast members went on to have successful careers, besides Anderson Cooper, whose mom bought him a spot on CNN?
Update: I'm not attacking Anderson Cooper, no am I conservative. I am just stating facts. Thanks for the general statements and assumptions though.
Update 2: I was not trampling on their race or ethnicity. I was just pointing out who they were. And that was a part of their general background.