Unable to write to the temp directory in C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\Te... Check that you have write access...?

Seriously, I'm starting to get angry. I've google'd the problem and came up with solution 1 which was to delete everything in the temp folder to free up it's space, which seemed reasonable. There is 1 file that I don't know how to delete because it says that it's being used but after... show more Seriously, I'm starting to get angry. I've google'd the problem and came up with solution 1 which was to delete everything in the temp folder to free up it's space, which seemed reasonable. There is 1 file that I don't know how to delete because it says that it's being used but after deleting the other 79 that were in there, i figured it'd be fine. WRONG. the problem persists! I am trying to download the Sony Vegas Trial from it's own website and I've tried just running the program and actually saving it to my desktop. I've also went to the file location, checked its properties and changed the security settings (I am the administrator and only account on this computer. My operating system is Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium (hate it) Can someone please tell me how I can download Sony Vegas. or fix the problem here. Trying to download this Sh*t is the only time i've seen this error occur. PLEASE do not tell me to 'simply' clear the temp folder,
Update: I have an alienware laptop with 1024MB of DDR3 memory. This laptop was designed for heavy gaming and was built to have alot of space for multiple items at once. Having windows vista isn't helping it but it is still workable just fine, not having enough space for something (i.e. going to Add/Remove programs and... show more I have an alienware laptop with 1024MB of DDR3 memory. This laptop was designed for heavy gaming and was built to have alot of space for multiple items at once. Having windows vista isn't helping it but it is still workable just fine, not having enough space for something (i.e. going to Add/Remove programs and freeing up space) is not a problem. The problem is Stupid f'in paranoid windows vista thinks that I do not have access to to this ONE little folder that I guess I need to download the Sony Vegas Trial. The download is straight from the sony website so there's no need to worry about what i'm downloading, and if it is infected then i can make alot of money from them ;) Anyway somebody please tell me how I can achieve 'write access' to this file so I can just download the freakin' program. I'm worried when i actually buy SonyVegas9 that it won't let me run it for the same reason.KEY POINTS:1.the problem message (look above)(unable to write...)2.I JUST wanna download sony vegas trial
3 answers