Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited KingdomLondon · 10 years ago

Today is my last day in London. How can I make it more special?

I have lived here for the last two months and enjoyed every minute. Tomorrow I'll leave London for Paris and am not sure if I'll get the chance to visit here again.

Any suggestions?

Thank you beforehand

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Best Answer

we are going to miss you!!!

(i would have liked to have met you)

im off to the bridge tonight - (chelsea are playing that is always special)!

i am going to give you a little known gem to make your last day special, it takes about an hour to do, but will touch you forever.

on the corner of brunswick square, just by russell square station there is a little museum called the "foundling museum" it is on the site of the old foundling hospital, the museum although small touches the soul, there are the stories and items of what women sacrficed for their children.

on the next floor there is a small art gallery that has a lot of the work of hogarth whose paintings represent what london was like over the last few centuries.

the last part is what i hope will make it a very special trip at the top of the museum is a small music room, you can sit in your own 18th century chair (it is always very quiet) and one of their patrons was handel and listen to some of his work, you can choose how much you want to listen to, i always found it the greatest place to take in and think about an experience i have had. (you might think about what your trip to london has meant to you and how it relates to your life). if you go you will not be dissapointed.

ps paris is not too far from london by the eurostar, so that is no excuse for not coming back!

good luck mate, london will miss you!

• 4 years ago

1) The original four teams in the NHL were the Montreal Canadiens, the Montreal Wanderers, the Ottawa Senators, and Toronto, who technically didn't have a name but was referred to as the "Blueshirts" (the name of the Toronto team in the NHA). The Wanderers had to fold after only six games when their arena burned to the grown. What would happen today if a NHL team lost its arena to a fire (or something else along those lines)? I would think that the NHL would take the stance of the NBA after hurricane katrina and would use the arena being destoryed as a way to test out a new market without really making a gamble.. 2) For the 1924-25 season, the Boston Bruins joined the NHL, becoming the first American team in the NHL. Will there ever come a day when a NHL team is based in a country other than Canada or the United States? If so, what country (and don't say Quebec)? I dont think so travel expenses and revenue wouldnt make much sense.. unless texas susseeds (thats right some red necks here want that to happen.. someone even tried in my lifetime) 3) There are currently four teams; the Canucks, the Sabres, the Kings, and the Blues that have been in the NHL over forty years and haven't won the Stanley Cup. Looking forward, which of these four is most likely to end their drought first, and why? I really think the kings have a good enough core right now to make something happen soon.. I heard for the greater good of Vancouver the PM has asked that they never make it into the finals again.. and if the blues couldnt do it with hull lets face it they cant do it now.. as for sabres they seam very hot and cold.... have they ever even made it to the finals? (he says with a snide smile) 4) Up until 1938, Montreal had two NHL teams, the Canadiens and the Maroons (the Wanderers folded after only 6 games). The Maroons largely grew support from the English community in Montreal, while the Canadiens drew support from the Francophone community. Would having two NHL teams based in the same city, each of which drew support from rival ethnic communities, be plausible today? MAYBE in Canada.. Americans are too violent to keep that many rivials that close 5) Before the NHL was founded, the game of hockey was largely composed of regional leagues across the continent. The Stanley Cup has been around since 1893, and the NHL didn't assume total control of it till 1926. The WHA was the last serious competition the NHL faced, and that league folded over 30 years ago. What would it take for the NHL to lose their monopoly over hockey? well i learned today that they would loose the pakastine crowd if someone just started airing mens feild hockey..

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

have you seen the Avatar 3D? if haven't what about going to BFI London IMAX Cinema to watch that new wicked film? after movie take a walk around Leicester Square have some Chinese food in China Town (if you are interested LOL)

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

go to a football match if there's any

good luck to you madeleine...i wish you every success with your studies in paris xx

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • mr. x
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

yeah. dont go to paris. come to canada instead. ill pick you up at the airport :)

we have french people and big towers too. what else ya need?

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

i wish i were in your place.

yup like sahar said good luck with your study and my best wishes to you ever and ever.

• 10 years ago

you are goin to paris. thats special enough. london is a piece of crap compared to paris.

• 10 years ago

go to park and give peanut to grey squirrel.

• 10 years ago

Get off the computer and go walking around.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

sign your name on Abbey road studio.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.