Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesHouston · 1 decade ago

WHy is Houston such an ugly city?

I lived in Cleveland Ohio until last July.I moved to a city near Huntsville.I was so glad to move to where I felt safe.No more gangs walking around.No more guns to hear being shot at night and so on.I had to go into Houston last month for a special eye doctor for my son.I thought good,I get to see what Houston looks like.I was so excited to be going to Houston.Got off of the interstate to drive through their downtown area and I could of sworn I was back in Cleveland Ohio except these people in downtown Houston did look poorer then Cleveland Ohio people and you could see crime and diease written all over alot of their faces.I locked the van doors.Houston is not what it is all cut up to be.

• Woods
    Favorite Answer

Houston is a very large city and with that comes all kinds of people, poor and rich. There are beautiful places in Houston and there are ugly places as well. And no matter where I'm at, I lock the doors. That's only wise. We don't live in the 1950's any more when people left home and didn't bother to lock up. There are too many people around who are willing to take advantage of others. It's part of life so we do what we can to be safe.

Not being rude, but there are no cities around Huntsville. There are many small towns, and life in small towns is usually safer than it would be in any big city. Sounds to me like you found a place you love, which is wonderful. Now you have the advantages of living close enough to a large city where you can have access to resources such as wonderful doctors for your son. Be thankful for that and have a good attitude. It will serve you well!

• gettel

Houston Ugly

My sister went to Hawaii on vacation a couple of years ago and she was shocked to see so many homeless people there begging for money. So even in a place you may think is a perfect paradise can be filled with despair and sadness.It doesn't matter where you go there will always be less fortunate people in this world.Every place has a good and a bad side.

HIS! nailed it, I agree.

Houston is a very beautiful city, but with EVERY city NO MATTER WHERE YOU ARE, comes so "not so nice" parts of the town.

For instance, I was in Melbourne, Australia, absolutely beautiful city (like Houston), but we ended going through not the nicest part. I didn't go, oh my, I am never coming back here because I drove through, the poorer area. Of course not.

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/awdgr

The soil in Jacksonville is pure sand. The only trees that do well are those butt-ugly palm trees. In Houston they have good topsoil and can grow beautiful deciduous trees.

Violence, Poor People, Rich People, Ugly Places, Beautiful Places, it is not only in Houston so you'll have to live with this the world is cahnging.

thats because your coming from huntsville into the older and more impoverished areas of houston

its actually not as bad as it looks it used to be pretty bad but most the crime happens in apartments on the southwest side of town

It's ugly because you are here. Go back if you don't like it

Houston is ugly, because it just is. It's a wannabe city. It sucks! Houston is not touristy.

If you don't like it don't come back.