Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceTaxesUnited States · 1 decade ago

If I get a W-2 from two different employers(same year) am l required to file wo separate tax forms?

Or can l combine my earnings/FTW/STW from both forms and file just one federal and one state return? Given of course, that I put both stubs in the envolope when mailing them in?

Apology for the spelling error.

Favorite Answer

You only file one tax return for Federal and state taxes, no matter how many employers you have during the year.

You file all earnings on the same return. If you file via an online agency they will ask you for the information from each w-2.

The same thing goes for if you mail it. You add all items together and put the total in the appropriate boxes. You will attach both w-2's with your return.

You ALWAYS file a single tax return no matter how many jobs you hold. Add them all together. Get TurboTax to walk you through the process. They even have a free on-line version for those who qualify. Haven't you seen all their advertisements here in Yahoo! Answers? They're everywhere!

• ?

you may want to because the IRS is going to ask your self why you're filing 2 tax returns for the same 3 hundred and sixty 5 days. if you're no longer getting audited, its adequate to reinforce their eyebrows. you'll prefer to report an amended go back. both W-2 varieties get used to calculate your income and to calculate taxes owed. it can make the large difference on even if you get funds back or owe them funds.

you always combine it will ask if you efile or go to a tax place all of your jobs and earnings and then bam done and done oh and yes put the stubs in the same envelope !

• Judy

You have to combine them, you can't file multiple returns

i try to write the answers your problem in my blog http://www.mystructuredsettlement.co.cc/ you can see any problem in my blog.