Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 decade ago

What type of nuke would be used on my town if there was a nuclear war?

I live in a city of about 286,000 called Stockton, California [google that on wikipedia for specifics]. I saw that my city was on the list of possible nuclear targets on the FEMA website as a TERTIARY target. In Stockton, we have a large port which could be converted to transport military equipment [and we are on a delta, a great source of commerce which the Russians could try to interrupt by nuking us], an old military armory, and an airport which could be used to launch military aircraft. Also, we produce a great amount of food [we are in the San Joaquin Valley, the nation's fruitbasket], so the Russians could nuke us to interrupt food distribution. In a hypothetical nuclear war, what kilotonnage/megatonnage nuke would be used on our city, and would it be an airburst or groundburst? Also, these targets have a good deal of distance between them [more than 10 miles distance between each target], so would the Russians nuke us more than once, to hit every target? If so, give the tonnage of EACH blast, as well as whether EACH one would be an airburst or groundburst.

Also, please include the TONNAGE of the blast.

Also, please include the TONNAGE of the blast [i.e- how many kilotons or megatons the blast that hit my city would be]. I need the TONNAGE, not just the type.

Favorite Answer

Classified.

• wdx2bb

Let's put it this way -- if the Russians got down to bombing Stockton -- well down the list after the primary and secondary targets -- there wouldn't be much of any of us left. So it wouldn't matter.

Since California is mountainis then a ICBMNWH would be in order. Inter-continental multi nuclear war head. Basically because of the terrain chances are that one of these would be used.

• Adam

they wouldn't. they would hit primary and secondary targets maybe, but your city is more important as a site for invasion then nuking, as its strategic value is lost if it is nuked and covered in fallout. nukes used in advance of invasion are normally limited to high value military and infrastructure targets, to hinder any coordinated response

I wouldn't worry too much about nukes destroying California. You should however start worrying about God destroying Ca. Earthquakes, mudslides, fires, Mexicans...

a 500 kt weapon centered on your cities center would render it useless...

Yes....Good Question... Maybe you should contact your local authorities.. -_-

Having trouble confronting your death?

Youre dead.