Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 1 decade ago

Windows Vista Internet Security is harassing me?

my computer is in tip top shape, i scan daily with my up-to-date Webroot AntiVirus Spysweeper

i am on the internet when my page suddenly closes and Windows Vista Internet Security runs a sweep, which I've never seen before.

This sweep picks up "25 items" that are "virus'", may I mind you that 14 are from Gateway Games that were in my computer from the day I bought it, and about 5 of them are from Apple iTunes.

When I click to delete them an internet window pops up and it brings me straight to a screen that tells me to buy a Windows Vista Internet Security package (which is expensive)

i run my Spy Sweeper sweep and nothing is detected, i run it again, nothing is detected.

now i'm getting Windows Vista pop ups saying how my computer is getting hacked and when I click on that it brings me to the same window which is to buy the Windows Vista Internet Security package

All of my Windows protection things (firewall etc.) are shut down.

My Spy Sweeper is still not picking up anything.

*Solution to this problem and also has this ever happened to anybody?

Favorite Answer

If you're being blocked from downloading or updating security programmes or running them, try this -

Turn off System Restore, kill explorer in the task manager and boot into Safe Mode.

Go to Start > Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager > View > Show Hidden Devices.

Scroll down to “Non-plug and Play Drivers” and click the plus icon to open those drivers.

Then search for “TDSSserv.sys”

Right click on it, and select “Disable”

Note: If you select Uninstall, it will install itself again when you reboot the system, so DON’T select Uninstall.

Restart your pc.

You can now update your Antirus/Malware/Rootkit softwares.

In simple terms, TDSSserv.sys is a service/server redirecting all software updates to 127.0.0.1 (your own computer) so they won’t update.

Go here and download Malwarebytes - - http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

Install the programme then get the latest updates. Do a full scan and delete whatever it finds.

Keep the programme installed and use it when you have problems or as part of a maintenance routine (say weekly). It's THE musthave in your security arsenal.

After -

WOT http://www.mywot.com/ (Advises if sites are risky to visit)

Use Firefox instead of Internet Explorer & have the pop up blocker set. (Most malicious code is aimed at Microsoft products, in particular Internet Explorer and their email programmes, so it makes sense to not use them).

2

Source(s): The Best Antivirus Software - http://moveantivirus.com/?yCCu

Let me give it to you straight, this is spyware, a scam, and you need to get rid of it. Obviously your webroot scanner doesn't detect so download and install MalwareBytes AntiMalware. This is a free malware scanner that should catch your spyware. To be safe, boot up your computer in safe mode then run the scan. To boot in safe mode, restart your computer and as the computer begins to boot up press the F8 button repeatedly till a set of options appear. From that list select boot into safe mode. This loads only essential windows services and from there you can run a scan with MalwareBytes.

Source(s): www.malwarebytes.org

Something "snuck" through, or was "passed" by being in something else..

Most likely a "rootkit".

NOT familiar with YOUR anti-virus brand.

NO single program can catch all of them.

I have a LAN and my primary computer accesses through a secondary to the internet, and the EACH have different anti-virus programs.

The secondary will occasionally get a virus, but the primary never has; because what one didn't catch the other did.

You need a rootkit search/remove program running from safe mode.

If that doesn't work, you may need to format and reload from backup. You DO have EXTERNAL backups don't you?

Source(s): retired programmer

"Tried scanning it" - tried scanning it with which program? All antivirals are slightly different and each one catches slightly different things. If you haven't tried it yet, use MalWareBytes. It's a free program and it's pretty strong - it has a reputation for catching a lot of the "rogue antivirus" trojans that have become so popular lately (which is what you have.)

if you having a licence copy install then only install updates of vista otherwise it never work .

and uninstall all updates of vista first . your problem is wtheir is a ristry file in windows registry doing this all.

because i am not system administrator so i can't do this.

from where your computer is purchased give it back give some money and solve this problem form

any computer maintence service company or shop . solve this problem away from home because

these men's are not reliable and can't trust anybody . .... for any reason.

Source(s): see also that i made a site to search yahoo, ask and google at same time try it url http://www.findmorewebsite.com/

aaah! it's happening to me too!

i don't know what to dooo