Can't racism towards Blacks benefit the Black community?

Okay, i have been thinking. Racism isn't always necessarily a bad thing (in moderate amounts). When i say beneficial racism, i don't mean huge amounts of it (like Apartheid, Holocaust, Slavery, Jim Crow, etc), ---just moderate amounts. Some of the greatest people to every come out of the Black community... show more Okay, i have been thinking. Racism isn't always necessarily a bad thing (in moderate amounts). When i say beneficial racism, i don't mean huge amounts of it (like Apartheid, Holocaust, Slavery, Jim Crow, etc), ---just moderate amounts. Some of the greatest people to every come out of the Black community have been forged under the fires of racism. Ben Carson--one African-American--grew up during the 1960's and went on to become the most successful & most innovative brain surgeons in the world, he also has more than 30 honorary doctorate degrees. Neil Degrasse Tyson, another Black who grew up with 2 parents who were both in the Black panther party, is a modern day Astro-Physicist (he has a PhD in Physics), heads the most advanced scientific museum in America, and has been awarded several accolades by NASA. Condolisa Rice (Stanford Professor), Colin Powell (One of the most decorated generals in recent American history), Ronald Mallet (One of America's leading experts on Temporal Physics), Randall Pinkett (CEO, Ivy League scholar, & Collegiate Athlete), Oprah Winfrey (Billionaire & most well known media mogul in the world), Michelle Obama (Corporate Lawyer), Barrack Obama (Top of class at Harvard Law, 1st Black Harvard editor, & 1st Black president), etc all came from this time period (just after the Jim Crow era)

Moderate amounts of racism does several things for Blacks:

-It motivates Blacks to stick together (all for one , one for all)
-It forces Blacks to be their best (as evidenced by the people i just listed)
-It forces Blacks, to some extent, to stop relying on Whites to solve their problems
-It speeds up the process of going somewhere (anywhere, whether good or bad, rather than remaining stagnant)

When i encounter racism, it motivates me to study harder in school, to take the most difficult courses, to work harder, and not to give up. Racism is what has brought forth a lot of great people in the Black community
17 answers 17