Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetProgramming & Design · 1 decade ago

WHAT IS A ACCESS POINT?

Hey my Nintendo wii is connected to my ZIO !

I'm trying to get internet and yes i have wireless.

I'm stuck it says whats your access point ?!?!?!?

how do i find it?

what is it?

Can i find it in my computer settings ?

Please Help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Favorite Answer

Wireless access points (APs or WAPs) are specially configured nodes on wireless local area networks (WLANs). Access points act as a central transmitter and receiver of WLAN radio signals.

Access points used in home or small business networks are generally small, dedicated hardware devices featuring a built-in network adapter, antenna, and radio transmitter. Access points support Wi-Fi wireless communication standards.

Although very small WLANs can function without access points in so-called "ad hoc" or peer-to-peer mode, access points support "infrastructure" mode. This mode bridges WLANs with a wired Ethernet LAN and also scales the network to support more clients. Older and base model access points allowed a maximum of only 10 or 20 clients; many newer access points support up to 255 clients.

<--------------Hope this Helps------------>

Source(s): Trust me on this!

In computer networking, a wireless access point (WAP) is a device that allows wireless communication devices to connect to a wireless network using Wi-Fi, Bluetooth or related standards. The WAP usually connects to a wired network, and can relay data between the wireless devices (such as computers or printers) and wired devices on the network.

Industrial grade WAPs are rugged, with a metal cover and a DIN rail mount. During operations they can tolerate a wider temperature range, high humidity and exposure to water, dust, and oil. Wireless security includes: WPA-PSK, WPA2, IEEE 802.1x/RADIUS, WDS, WEP, TKIP, and CCMP (AES) encryption. Unlike home consumer models, industrial wireless access points can also be used as a bridge, router, or a client.

An access point is more on the commercial and enterprise side of networking rather than the consumer side. AP's require hard wiring and I.T. knowledge to setup. They also can get quite expensive..

It uses central controller to control them as far as SSID's and passwords go.

why do not you purchase some abode plugs. 2 units, the 1st device plugs right into a capacity socket next on your router, the 2nd device plug it interior the room the place you prefer to sign to circulate and the two units will consult from a minimum of one yet another by the electrical powered infrastructure of you abode. purely hardwire you router into the 1st device and complicated complicated cord you computer/computer into the 2nd device. in case you like instant get right of entry to to come again out of the 2nd unit purely linked a instant get right of entry to factor. in case you have a similar SSID and encription your instant computing device will see the two instant networks as one and could hook up with the single with the main useful signnal.

One, using more exclamation marks just makes you look like a retard, two, an access point is the thing you connect to, so my access point is "my wireless"

why do not you purchase some abode plugs. 2 instruments, the 1st gadget plugs right into a skill socket next on your router, the 2nd gadget plug it interior the room the place you pick to sign to bypass and the two instruments will seek advice from a minimum of one yet another by using potential of the electrical powered infrastructure of you abode. in simple terms hardwire you router into the 1st gadget and confusing confusing cord you laptop/laptop into the 2nd gadget. in case you pick instant get entry to to come back out of the 2nd unit in simple terms related a instant get entry to element. in case you have the comparable SSID and encription your instant laptop will see the two instant networks as one and could hook up with the single with the main expensive signnal.