John asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

who's is the most likely to resurrect their career: Troy Smith, Alex Smith, or Matt Leinart?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Bob
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Leinart, I think he's learned a lot from sitting behind Warner.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Probably Alex Smith because Troy Smith would only be used in the wildcat. Joe Flacco already took the Ravens quarterback position. Matt Leinart probably won't start since the Cardinals don't really trust him, this also depends if Warner comes back for an extra year. Alex Smith really has no competition, and you have to remember he had a good game against Houston I believe, and some people were saying if he continues to work hard, maybe he can be a quarterback who can manage a game.

• 1 decade ago

Matt Leinart because Kurt Warner will likely retire, he has the best weapons at WR around him compared to any of the 3 in Larry Fitzgerald, Breaston, Boldin, and much more. He has a solid running game and a solid and sometimes average defense. The team is solid as a whole, and when he played in that drive in the playoffs when Warner went down he showed some promise as he repeatedly found open receivers. Matt Leinart should start moving up among the solid QB's in the game starting next season.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Troy sure fell like a rock! Leinart will be a starter within 2 years. Alex Smith is a 50/50 prospect, in my mind. What ever happened to Troy?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

If Troy Smith gets traded to a team where he has the opportunity to start, he probably has the greatest chance for success of the three. Leinart and Smith have already been given an opportunity to play and failed. Smith would have been the opening day starter for the Ravens in 2008 had he not been injured.

So, you're talking about a guy with potential that's never been given the opportunity to prove himself, vs two guys that played themselves out of the starting role. I'd go with the guy with potential.

• 1 decade ago

Alex Smith, he had one bad game and was taken out unnecessarily.

Troy Smith, if Flacco gets hurt Smith could take over.

Matt Leinart, if Kurt Warner doesn't pull a Brett Farve.

• 1 decade ago

it depends on how you look at it.

--alex smith showed some promise in the year but he has no offense support except for gore and v davis)

--i ddon'treally see troy smith bouncing back. i think flacco has that job for a while unless he ssuffersa huge injury

--believe that matt leinart should be a quality qb. he has a tremendous amount of talent around him. but he is not up to par.

overall i see alex smith to resurrect his career( if the 49ers get some more offensive help)

• 1 decade ago

I think Alex Smith is the best one, but the QBs in San Fran always change. I think Matt Leinert has a greater chance cuz Warner might leave soon, and has the WRs and o-line to progress.

• Anon
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Matt Leinart...He might get his chance next year if Kurt Warner retires

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Matt Leinart... Kurt Warner is getting old...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.