If a 17 year old gets his 16 year old girlfriend pregnant can the parents press charges?

me and my girlfriend are thinking of having a kid. but i wanted to make sure that I couldn't get in trouble. (with the law anyway. lol) we live in texas. i will be 18 in september and she will be 17 in july. i dont really want to hear the moral reasons why i shouldnt. i have already thought through everything.... show more me and my girlfriend are thinking of having a kid. but i wanted to make sure that I couldn't get in trouble. (with the law anyway. lol) we live in texas. i will be 18 in september and she will be 17 in july. i dont really want to hear the moral reasons why i shouldnt. i have already thought through everything. i have a way to provide for a baby. anyway, answers would be of great help.

thank you in advance,

Nick