Why is it taking so long for IRS to refund our money?

Why is it I did my taxes through Tax Act, on 1/17/10, got acknowledgment on 1/18/10 that was accepted by IRS. Just today finally I seen on Where's my Refund? that would receive on Feb. 9. That is not 8-15 days for direct deposit. Are they having issues, cause they are playing with hard working people's... show more Why is it I did my taxes through Tax Act, on 1/17/10, got acknowledgment on 1/18/10 that was accepted by IRS. Just today finally I seen on Where's my Refund? that would receive on Feb. 9. That is not 8-15 days for direct deposit. Are they having issues, cause they are playing with hard working people's money. Don't tell me 8-15 days and be much longer. Is anyone else having these issues?
Update: Guess should wait till the 29th then, the bank that will be handling the refund still says the expectation of the 29th. But the irs website says different, afraid if call irs, and they get rude with me, I will be rude back.
Update 2: I even checked with the treasury dept, like someone suggested to see if I have an off set, and I do not. I see alot of people say we are overreacting, they must be the ones without money problems. Because by the grace of god some were not affected by the economy that much, but most were so keep your overreacting... show more I even checked with the treasury dept, like someone suggested to see if I have an off set, and I do not. I see alot of people say we are overreacting, they must be the ones without money problems. Because by the grace of god some were not affected by the economy that much, but most were so keep your overreacting comments to yourself. Some have families and need this money for bills, not just a new car or get that fancy purse.