Do you think homosexual actors should be allowed to play heterosexual characters?

I asked this a few days ago, but now have another question. 1. Do you think homosexual actors should be allowed to play heterosexual characters? 2. Do you think heterosexual actors should be allowed to play homosexual characters? For 1: I don't, especially ones that are really family-oriented. For... show more I asked this a few days ago, but now have another question.

1. Do you think homosexual actors should be allowed to play heterosexual characters?
2. Do you think heterosexual actors should be allowed to play homosexual characters?

For 1: I don't, especially ones that are really family-oriented. For example, Robert Reed, a homosexual man, played a heterosexual father in the Brady Bunch, and Meredith Baxter, a lesbian, played a heterosexual mother in Growing Pains. It kind of tarnishes the image.

For 2: I don't, because again, think it tarnished the image. For example, Eric McCormack in Will and Grace.

I hope you'll now see that I am not homophobic, but am concerned with the character's integrity.