Ok, this story is a little bit complicated. But I dont know what to do?

Ok, here's the deal. I have had my best friend for almost 3 years. We met in our freshman year of high school, and we've been like sisters ever since. We tell each other everything, and I wouldn't trade her for the world.

Rewind to a month ago, where I fall in love with the most fantastic guy ever. We're both so in love with each other, and I've never been happier in my entire life. He is so precious to me.

Now, my best friend, HATES him. She claims that he is changing my morals and I'm becoming "corrupted." (which isnt true. the only "bad" thing we've done is skipped school on a day we really weren't doing anything in school anyways. We've kissed and thats about it. my morals haven't been compromised as she assumes.)

All of my other friends are fine with me dating this guy. They all think he's great. But my best friend, who really depends on me (i'm pretty much the only really REALLY good friend she has) is enraged. What should I do? I'm definitely not gonna drop this guy just for her. My happiness is more important than for me to cater to what she wants all the time. But at the same time, her terrible attitude is constantly keeping me down (we have 3 out of 4 classes together btw) HELP!!!! should i talk to her??? back off a bit maybe???

Favorite Answer

I think she's jealous of your relationship with him. To be frank, he's probably more important to you now than she is (meaning you've probably been with him more than her this last month). She's probably thinking she's going to lose your friendship to him, especially if one of her friends is engaged.

She doesn't sound like she's handling it constructively. If he really is a good guy, then that probably is the problem. Just talk to her and tell her you'll stay her friend no matter what. Or ask her what really is bugging her about your boyfriend.

Hmmm. I sense abit of jealousy here. She's most likely just scared that you will leave her behind as a friend and forget about her. Maybe some way you could convince her that you still love her as a friend? Maybe just plan a day for you two to get together. You two could go to the spa or something. Or just chill and watch a movie. But if she still has issues with your boyfriend after, then you confront her about it and ask her why she's so angry over it. (:

There are two things tha could be going on.

One thing that could be makeing your friend act this way is that maybe she likes him too.

Its not probable, but its possible. If she really is that good a friend to you though, I doubt she would try and sabatoge your relationship with this guy.

Another thing that could be affecting her behavior is tha...she knows something about this guy. Maybe she dosent want to tell you for fear you'll be hurt. Maybe she's seen him doing things with other girls.

What I'd do I find some other girls this guy has dated and ask why they broke up with him.

Was he cheating on them?Was he involed with bad things?

Do a little sloothing. Sherlok Holmes type stuff.

If he checks out clear then I think your friend might be over reacting.

Just being helpful.

Rosy

definitely talk to her. see what she thinks he's changing about you, and if you can fix a few things that she sees wrong with your relationship. does she know him very well? maybe she sees him taking advantage of you in the future, or she feels like you pick him over her often. definitely see what's wrong, because that kind of friendship is extremely special, and you don't want to throw it all away for a guy that you may not still be with in a year.

good luck with everything, i hope it works out.