Should autistic kids be in the same class as normal kids?

Ok my daughter is in the first grade and has an autistic child in her class room. I have heard from my child as well as other parents that the child is very disruptive and loud. My daughter has complained that she finds it very hard to learn with him in the class because the teacher has to spend most of the day... show more Ok my daughter is in the first grade and has an autistic child in her class room. I have heard from my child as well as other parents that the child is very disruptive and loud. My daughter has complained that she finds it very hard to learn with him in the class because the teacher has to spend most of the day correcting him and giving him special attention. I feel that this is ridiculous and that children like this do not belong in the public school system. I have had to start teaching my child at home. She is now ahead of her class mates and I have been thinking about taking her out of the school system. She gets straight A's on her report card so apparently I know what I am doing but my neighbor is very upset because her son is in the same class and he is doing very poorly like the rest of the class. Is there anything that anyone can think of that we could do to get this child removed from the class because it is not fair for the rest of the class to be neglected while one child is given all the atention.
Update: If I had an autistic child I would not want them in a normal school because they would be treated like they are strange. All the kids are scared of him. He IS NOT potty trained can't talk and screams all day. He can not be learning anything. Why deny 20 kids an education so that one parent of a special... show more If I had an autistic child I would not want them in a normal school because they would be treated like they are strange. All the kids are scared of him. He IS NOT potty trained can't talk and screams all day. He can not be learning anything. Why deny 20 kids an education so that one parent of a special needs child can say ya my kid is in public school. I seriosly do not care how judgemental you think it is. I am only worried about my child not someone elses. They do not care how badly their kid acts or how it is affecting the other kids. No one wants to sit by this kid because he scares them all with his screaming and loud noises. I sat in on their class for a day and it was like having a two year old in the class, I had to leave after an hour because he made my head hurt so bad so just imagine what that does to the other kids.
Update 2: This child does have a in class baby sitter and she is worthless. The teacher has to do everything because this woman is as dumb as a grain of rice. Sitting there listening to him be such a distraction is not teaching the other kids anything but to hate this child. I do feel sorry for the kid because he can not... show more This child does have a in class baby sitter and she is worthless. The teacher has to do everything because this woman is as dumb as a grain of rice. Sitting there listening to him be such a distraction is not teaching the other kids anything but to hate this child. I do feel sorry for the kid because he can not help it but having said that what are the other kids supposed to do fail this year and hope they do not get stuck in the same class next year. Seven kids have been moved to other schools and classes because the parents do not wan their kid in the same class so apparently he is very bad. I myself have taken care of kids like this while I was working at a pediatric hospital and still can not beleive that any parent of an autistic child would want hem mainstreamed. They are noticeably different and get picked on or left out so why not put them with children like themselves so they can feel normal because they are with other just like them.
Update 3: Ok beleive me when I say this kid is going to be on SSI and never hold a kob so why send him to school? And yes if I had a special needs child I would quit my job and take care of my kid. (I am already a stay at home mother) I beleive that it is a parents job to take care of their kid not someday care. If your... show more Ok beleive me when I say this kid is going to be on SSI and never hold a kob so why send him to school? And yes if I had a special needs child I would quit my job and take care of my kid. (I am already a stay at home mother) I beleive that it is a parents job to take care of their kid not someday care. If your child has a disability you should be the one to take the time and help them not leave it to someone else.
Update 4: Cupcake-I already said if it was my kid I would not have them in a regular school. I have talked with the teacher openly. She knows that it is affecting the rest of the class but she can not just ignore him throwing his fits because then his mother throws a fit. That is why the mother should have to take care of... show more Cupcake-I already said if it was my kid I would not have them in a regular school. I have talked with the teacher openly. She knows that it is affecting the rest of the class but she can not just ignore him throwing his fits because then his mother throws a fit. That is why the mother should have to take care of him. If she wants him to have all this "special attention" then send him to a "special school". This mother is not like all of you. You all seem to care so much for your kids but the only thing she cares about is getting him to school so she can be rid of him for the day.
Update 5: animal artwork and the brat- the only lesson my child is learning through this whole thing is the only way to get the teachers attention is to act up and throw a fit.
Update 6: taljalea-If the kid is causing enough problems that other parents are taking there kids out of school then he does not belong there. He is never going to be anything but the autistic guy on SSI. He will never get married, he will never be potty trained, he will never have kids, I am sorry but as far as anyone is... show more taljalea-If the kid is causing enough problems that other parents are taking there kids out of school then he does not belong there. He is never going to be anything but the autistic guy on SSI. He will never get married, he will never be potty trained, he will never have kids, I am sorry but as far as anyone is concerned there is no need for schooling. After his parents are gone he will have to be put in a nursing home so why disrupt the rest of the kids.
Update 7: Mother of an autistc kid-What a contradictory statement. You say do not label me, but you yourself call yourself the mother of an autistic child. So which is it? Everyone in life is labeled. That is just part of life. You say do not treat my child differently than other kids but then contradict yourself by... show more Mother of an autistc kid-What a contradictory statement. You say do not label me, but you yourself call yourself the mother of an autistic child. So which is it? Everyone in life is labeled. That is just part of life. You say do not treat my child differently than other kids but then contradict yourself by saying life is hard for my child because he is different. Well which is it? You all seem to think that your children are more important because they have a disability but every child needs attention payed at school. The contradictory attitudes of these parents is funny. Don't feel bad for my child, but feel sorry for me for having to take care of this child. It seems all you people care about is yourselves and not your children.