Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Why did Beau Biden announce that he will not seek election to the U.S. Senate?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100125/ap_on_go_co/us...

Say it aint so Joe! Oh that his daddy. Doesn't he believe he can win?

Favorite Answer

Same reason that Dodd dropped out of the upcoming race, Biden knew he would lose and disgrace his hair plugged old Joe.

"I have a duty to fulfill as attorney general, and the immediate need to focus on a case of great consequence. And that is what I must do," Biden, 40, wrote. "Therefore I cannot and will not run for the United States Senate in 2010."

He's not going to quit his job to peruse a higher position, he is going to serve the people as he promised.

unlike pailin...

• Nikki

Smart kid. He's got a good job. The spot light can suk. & he'd be a Dem when favors are running conservative.

• Matt W

Because he was going to lose and hurt both his political future and his father's current standing. I expect him to wait out the current anti-Dem wave and try to get back in in six years.

because he knows he would not be elected

Source(s): May God Bless you and May God Bless America & Save us from the Axis of evil (0bama, Pelosi & Reid)

did you ask him? did you read the article you provided?