Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Why didn't Barack Obama get into the US Naval Academy?

Or for that matter, West Point??

21 Answers

Relevance
  • Tom W
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You know that answer, he was not eligible as a foreign student. Nor would he have been able to ask a Congressman to appoint him becuase he was not a citizen. If you do much research on what is known of Obama as a younger man, you see that he did not make any bones about not being a US citizen and in fact tried to turn his noncitizenship to his favor, such as when he applied for and recieved foreign student stipends. The other answer would be that Obama has been pretty much about himself and taking advantage...until he needed to adopt that posture as a politician he does not demonstrate any care and concern for anyone other than getting ahead. He certainly appeals to a segment of the "intellectuals" who belief in political fantasy.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

He went to community college because he didn't do that great in high school. But he did well in community college and got into Columbia. If I'm correct, Naval Academy does not accept juco transfers/ He didn't have the high school grades to get into the Naval Academy. Which brings me to Mccain, but I don't want to get off point.

• 1 decade ago

He never applied, you doofus. He's a smart guy and in great physical condition, so I suspect he would have succeeded at a high level at any of the Military Academies.

And please, birthers, when are you going to get over this "Obama's not a U.S. Citizen crap"? His birth documents can be found on Wikipedia.

• logan
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

He didn't apply or have any interest in those two schools mainly because he would never go to either of them (background not being "silver spooned" as the majority of attendees have) and seeing as we were not involved in any wars at the time he thought he could do more good by becoming a lawyer.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Because they have a strict rule of only accepting people who apply.

Source(s): They haven't broken it yet and they never will!
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You have to be an American citizen to get in. At the time of his eligibility he was at Occidental College on a scholarship as and foreign Indonesian citizen.

JD

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Does the US Naval Academy have Affirmative Action?

Because then he'd actually have to compete with those who are more intelligent.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Marlboro Man said it best. You need to be a US citizen to get into those two

schools.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

...he can't prove National citizenship ! ...then too, he doesn't know the difference between a U.S. Navy Officer from a Coast Guard Officer !

Source(s): ...just the facts !
  • 1 decade ago

I think in order to get into those places, you have to apply. He didn't.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.