no internet connection after installing windows xp professional service pack 3?

i installed windows xp professional service pack 3 on my computer and now i can't get on the internet? what do i do?

• d3
    Favorite Answer

If I remember correctly windows SP3 added some additional firewall functionality. I would temporarly stop any of your firewall related services and see if that fixes your internet connection. If it does you may need to tune your firewall settings because that is probably what is causing your connection to the internet to fail.

Make sure your network drivers are installed and then run the Internet Connection Wizard!

install network/modem drivers.

if you have ADSL modem driver CD come with pack.you can install network driver using motherboard CD or try to search on internet using model no.

Source(s): experience

install network drivers

install network drivers

You're probably missing drivers. I use a software called DriverMax and it will allow you to download any missing drivers.

Good Luck

You probably turned off your WIFI signal. Sometimes it's a touchpad above the f keys.