Ryan asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 decade ago

What is the average time period from MEPS to ship out date these days for the coast guard?

So I'm 23 years old, work at a small credit union, and am ready for an adventure. A few years ago I considered joining the navy (a family tradition), however I scored a 96 on the ASVAB at MEPS and was very heavily persuaded to drop my desired rate, corpsman, and join as a nuke. Though this rate is quite appealing it was not what I was looking for, I have a couple semesters of college under my belt at a UC, but I am not really motivated when it comes to the classroom. I was curious if anyone knows what the chances, and/or time limit is if one was to want to ship out with the coast guard?

I messed up on that question, I think I should have said how long is the average time spent in their DEP program?

Thanks for the help

Favorite Answer

With our reenlistment rate at over 90%, we've really slowed down our recruiting efforts. Average wait time is now upwards of nine-months to a year. Many recruiting offices aren't taking any applications until this summer.

Your best bet is to speak with your local recruiter. You can find the number and e-mail addy to your local recruiter at http://www.gocoastguard.com/get-the-answers/find-a... I would recommend sending an e-mail and just waiting on a reply.

Good luck!

Source(s): I'm a Coast Guard Master Chief.

At its worst you will have lied to your document of scientific historical past. Should your challenge recur in fundamental, you'll be discharged below honorable stipulations for a disqualifying situation which existed earlier to access. A Dishonorable Discharge is a punitive discharge most effective presented after conviction through a General Court Martial. But, your having been on cure and below the care of a psychiatrist undoubtedly makes it a disqualifying situation below the normal famous underneath within the supply field. If your recruiter advised you to lie, he must be despatched again to the fleet. Because, if you're scientific discharged from boot camp, it displays badly on him concerning his efficiency as a recruiter.

1 day