can you be pregant and not even know it and lose the baby?

like if your two weeks pregnant and lose the baby without even knowing you were in the first place?

i was just wondering. im on the pill for like a year now. but my partner and i don't use condoms, he just lets it out inside of me, its been that way for a long time. so far so good. i don't think this has ever happened to me but it just raises my cursors

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

yes it can happen.

Miscarriage is the most common type of pregnancy loss, according to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG). Studies reveal that anywhere from 10-25% of all clinically recognized pregnancies will end in miscarriage. Chemical pregnancies may account for 50-75% of all miscarriages. This occurs when a pregnancy is lost shortly after implantation, resulting in bleeding that occurs around the time of her expected period. The woman may not realize that she conceived when she experiences a chemical pregnancy

• Pippin
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Yes, it's possible to not know you are pregnant and have an early miscarriage. Back before the days of home pregnancy tests, it would have been quite common for a woman to not know she was pregnant and then have a 'late period' that was actually an early miscarriage.

However, if you're on birth control, the odds of pregnancy would be extremely small, and you would suspect something amiss if you didn't get the bleed at the end of the pack.

• 1 decade ago

Yes sometimes they are called a chemical pregnancy, this can be that they don't actually implant but fertalization does happen. Because our pregnancy tests are so sensitive now we sometimes pick up being pregnant and then in some cases go on to have what you think is a normal period.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes its very possible and common too.. Normally a miscarriage that early on will just be dismissed by most girls as a late period.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i once heard that 70% of pregnancies don't make it past a couple weeks and the woman never even knows she's pregnant. not sure if it's true though.

• 1 decade ago

Yes, it can happen!

unlikely though if you take the pill correctly

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.