promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Does anyone have really amazing Science projects?

I'm in 9th grade bout to be in 10th, I need a wicked awesum project. PLEASE!

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

First (this one's explosive) fill balloons with Hydrogen, oxygen and Helium gas. Light on fire with a candlestick (they do this at Cal Poly SLO all the time, so be careful, but it'll be ok) some explode, others wont, Why?

Test the water quality in your area. People love this because it reveals all sorts of nasty stuff in the tap water at parks and schools. Get a test kit and do basic chemical tests.

Put a egg in vinegar. the shell will get eaten away and it looks like jello. compare it to other acidic things like coke, and other sodas.

Put chicken bones in various acidic foods... see which one disolves fastest.

See if plants respond to playing music. play music to plants (the vibrations actually make them grow faster), see if the types of music make a difference.

You could do social science experiments such as having your male friends walk around with purses (how many get arrested at the mall... funny my boyfriend tried this once and actually did get talked to about possibly stealing)

you could combine Lithium metal and water. also explosive.

Discover the power of hydrogen peroxide (its also explosive in high quantities). heat of reaction has to do with the amount of energy stored in chemical bonds... what is its heat?

ingestion of styrofoam causes cancers. Does hot water (ie coffee and tea) really dissolve styerofoam cups (and yes it does).

find the Ld 50 of various products (its the amount that is needed to kill of 1/2 the population of rats) such as coffee and blue dye in gatorade

seperate the colors out of gatorade dye

make beer (it's fermentation in action!... but buy a kit and have your parents help)

Source(s): chemistry major
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Split water into hydrogen and oxygen, then recombine them with a weak electrical force, creating more energy than expended energy.

• 1 decade ago

try a magnetic genarator. i made one and i am 13! turn strong magnets so they push off of eachother in a circular motion. put a magnet in the center, and there has to be a copper coil (not touching the magnet) and that genarates electricity. (it powers my clubhouse)

P.S. THERE IS A COOL GAME CALLED EVONY. IF YOU NEED HELP WITH IT I AM SHADOW EMPEROR. SEND ME A MESSAGE.

here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3Y3fZ6ajuk

Youtube thumbnail

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

train your dog to say "I love you"

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.