* Being that I'm a student and a single mother, it'll be very helpful during this time. *
NO I DON'T PLAN ON HAVING ANY MORE KIDS JUST BECAUSE OF FINANCIAL INCENTIVES, etc etc. And if I did want more children, it would have nothing to do with this.
YES I INTEND ON PAYING OFF MY STUDENT LOANS COMPLETELY REGARDLESS OF THE INCENTIVE.
Matter of fact, I'm in school and paying off my loans right now even though my loans are deferred until grad.
Yeah, there are plenty of low-lives out there that want to be lazy & live off the government for the rest of thier lives. Those people will not be benefiting as much as some of you think they will.
Think about it:
1. The "low-lifes" don't want to go to school because they're not interested in living productive lives (so there won't be a student loan benefit for them.)
2. I seriously don't believe anyone would see this as a reason to have more children - that's just ridiculous. And if anyone IS that low, they probably don't want to work anyway so there wouldn't be much (if any) taxable income on which to receive a child tax credit from.
* * I believe our president Mr.Obama is trying to help the economy and help lower-mid income families, but NOT with the intentions of anyone abusing or misusing any benefits. * *
* Keep in mind that there are stipulations to everything, (and the government is not as easy to rip-off as it used to be.*) I don't suspect any increase in "misuse" of anything here.
I think some of you worry a lot more than what's neccessary - even to the fact of things that shouldn't bear any weight on you (mostly because many of your assumptions are irrational.)
Those who are getting a child tax credit, get it because they're working families. Let me repeat "working" families, meaning they pay taxes - and this bill will help them to be able to keep a little bit more of the money that they've earned - again, they've earned - and keep the families out of the welfare system, pay for better health insurance, afford to go to school, and put taxes in where funds are taken out of, ultimately increasing the stability of the economy, which, if you haven't noticed, does indeed affect everyone in this country.
Not everyone is out to take a negative advantage over everything. I believe there are a lot more good people out there, than not - people who are trying to do the right things... and some of you unnecessarily complain too much about it - that's the mentality of "keep the rich rich & keep the poor poor".
breastfeeding mother of 3;
major studies in Conception through Early Childhood Development