Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsTennis · 1 decade ago

Jim Courier's commentary on Channel 7?

What are your views on Jim Courier's commentary on channel 7 during the 2010 Australian Open?

Favorite Answer

I think he is the most biased f*ck when it comes with commentary during the match.

For example if a top player such as Federer or Nadal makes a winner her goes crazy and says "Oh my god, don't tell me, oh that's ridiculous, oh how amazing"

But when a lower ranked player makes a winner thats as good, he just says "okay that's a good shot."

Like i know he wants to suck up to those top players but stop making it obvious.

I have heard excerpts and I think he tries too hard (UK resident; I do not get Channel 7 by default).

Worse still are his really cringe-worthy interviews with the winners after certain matches. He asks the most awful and pointless questions, like quizzing Tsonga for 5 minutes in front of the arena on why he had changed his rackets from last season. Not good entertainment, Jim.

Keeps clinging to faded glory by bringing up stupid anecdotes from the days he used to play, and pointless trivia about guys like Pete Sampras or Agassi or even McEnroe. I mean seriously, how the hell are those guys relevant?

Has a tendency to be overly kind and praiseful to the top-seeded players while constantly nit-picking at lower-ranked players.

Also, as the other answerer mentioned, routinely asks some REALLY lame, post-game interview questions.

• Albert

It's crap. The match last night about 300 times in one set he dribbled on how Gonzalez was such a short little guy at 6ft tall. Why didn't Todd Woodbridge tell him to shut the f%ck up. He's still better than Tracey Austin though.

Hate it. He talks too much and talks during when players are playing the points and it has nothing to do with tennis some times.

• He's ok,he adds experience to commentary.Isn't the whole point of being a tv sports commentator to talk even if it is sometimes drivel it can still be funny as heck.