Advice needed on a 10 year relationship.?

My boyfriend and I have been dating for 10 years (since we were 16). Our relationship is nearly perfect. I love him and he loves me, and we know it. We're best friends and enjoy each other's company. But there's a snag and I just can't get over it. He's been working at this job that he... show more My boyfriend and I have been dating for 10 years (since we were 16). Our relationship is nearly perfect. I love him and he loves me, and we know it. We're best friends and enjoy each other's company. But there's a snag and I just can't get over it. He's been working at this job that he absolutely hates (the pay is good), and he is doing nothing to make any changes (i.e. look for another job or go back to school to do something else). That isn't what the problem is though. We aren't going anywhere in our relationship and the reason why we haven't made a move towards marriage or even living together is because of the fact that he is so unsure of his financial future. He wants to be secure when he marries and buys a home, which means secure in his career and finances. BUT he is making no move to make it so!!! which is driving me insane!! I've graduated from university already and have started working professionally. I told him I'd take care of him if he needed to make any transitions, but he still isn't ready to move out with me. I try not to push, but this issue keeps popping up in my head and I can't help but think about leaving and moving on with my future. He's so reluctant to move on. Do I leave and move on with my life? Or do I wait for him until he's ready?

By the way, his "reluctance" is really probably his addiction to weed. I honestly think the cr*p makes him too lazy to chase after any of his goals/ambitions or even to make a goal. I've tried to get him to stop or even cut down...but to no avail. I do love this pothead. I just wish he'd grow up.