How do I allow my son to be friends with this child?

I recently reconnected with a friend of mine who has a son the same age as my own. When they were younger they were inseparable, but unfortunately we all lost touch. Time passed 3 years to be exact and of course this boy has changed drastically. He is rude, disrespectful and is wild beyond belief. He is defined as... show more I recently reconnected with a friend of mine who has a son the same age as my own. When they were younger they were inseparable, but unfortunately we all lost touch. Time passed 3 years to be exact and of course this boy has changed drastically. He is rude, disrespectful and is wild beyond belief. He is defined as a punk skater boy and has piercings and if allowed would get tattoos. Now, I know that in itself doesn't make him a bad person. It's his attitude and low self esteem that bugs me. My son is nothing like him and honestly it scares me that they may be friends again. I don't want my son having bad influences, after all isn't that what we as parents are here for? How do I remain friends with his mother who I adore, yet not let her son have too much to do with mine?
5 answers 5