Why some people don't trust our government?

Do people believe that our government now mostly acts to the benefit of big business instead of representing us, the people? Or is it because it is corrupt, inefficient, tolerates way too much waste? Maybe it is simply because people like to be in control and the government is too intrusive and dictating to suit everyone's needs? All of the above? Can you add more?

Favorite Answer

Hi Robert,

I don't so much "believe" that our government acts to the benefit of big businesses, as it is solid fact.

Corrupt? Ha! Every government is corrupt to one degree or another. Are you aware of the Corruption Perception Index? If not, I encourage you to take a gander online some day. It's an eye opener for sure.

Many people don't believe in what you've just proposed as a question. Why? Because of lack of education mainly. Why do you think China, a terribly powerful country, for so many years had world leaders that shook in their boots at the very idea some of their people were becoming educated beyond basic government (propaganda machine) schools and Universities?

Now, take in to consideration one of my favorite quotes:

"I have the greatest admiration for your propaganda. Propaganda in the West is carried out by experts who have had the best training in the world -- in the field of advertising -- and have mastered the techniques with exceptional proficiency ... Yours are subtle and persuasive; ours are crude and obvious ... I think that the fundamental difference between our worlds, with respect to propaganda, is quite simple. You tend to believe yours ... and we tend to disbelieve ours."

Quoted by a Soviet correspondent based five years in the U.S.

No one individual ever controls a whole country, especially countries like the U.S., China, India, whether communist, socialist, democracy...Money is the key. It's not so much about the money or the control though, and perhaps to satisfy your curiosity you should look a bit deeper into capitalism versus socialism.

The government wants to know about you because there are a LOT of YOU'S. So many You's, in fact, that if all of YOU were to decide to become a bunch of insurgents, unhappy as a whole with your government, you could easily collapse the government. I refer back to my favorite quote. Doesn't that get you thinking a bit more?

It sounds to me as though you are nearing the fence Robert. For there is a great fence between people in the "know" and people who are just donkey's who are led around with blinders on.

Sorry for my disorganization here, but you touched on a subject I just love to think about.

-Jeeem-

Source(s): Education. A sociology professor who went out on a limb to educate myself and others (even though the majority of the class were reluctant to believe what he taught us due to U.S. government propaganda) on the real deal, which was a tad shocking and unbelievable at the time. I now live in a third-world country. Have lived happily here for the past eight years. I live better than I ever lived in the U.S., am married to a woman who doesn't have her head full of a bunch of crap, who is excruciatingly beautiful and treats me like a king, pay minimal taxes, and work less than twenty-six hours a week. Beat that in the U.S.!

"There is danger from all men. The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty." John Adams "No man's life, liberty or fortune is safe while our legislature is in session." Benjamin Franklin "Three groups spend other people's money: children, thieves, politicians. All three need supervision." Dick Armey "The ruling class has the schools and press under its thumb. This enables it to sway the emotions of the masses." Albert Einstein "Trust. . . but verify" Ronald Reagan

Have you ever tried listening when Obama is flapping his gums? His is always demonizing big business, oil, insurance, banks etcetera--how can you say government acts to benefit big business? Do you have examples or are you just parroting the lunatic left? Government is not trusted because it messes up virtually everything it tried to do. This is why government should not be anywhere near health care.

Because it's a democracy and people are entitled not to trust the government if they don't want to. They will only be in power for a few years and then will be voted out and replaced by someone else equally useless.

• Karen

The elected officials who are supposed to be representing the people have been selling out to special interests. Need I say more?

you are conscious okay , now , every person is self fish , when they real ly need help . nobody will give a hand , a friend in need is a friend indeed

secondly you are conscious , you should have brain , you are the prodution of sexual intercourse , okay big friend !

They've been told not to trust our government.

I can't wait to see it backfire on those that told them to do so.