Sertraline - reducing dosage?

After my dose was increased from 50 to 100mg 2 weeks ago, the side effects were awful (in particular constant headache, diarrhoea, feeling drugged up and nausea) so I have reduced back to 50mg. However since I started taking it 1 year ago, I have had insomnia and my doc prescribed zopiclone. Has anyone else had... show more After my dose was increased from 50 to 100mg 2 weeks ago, the side effects were awful (in particular constant headache, diarrhoea, feeling drugged up and nausea) so I have reduced back to 50mg. However since I started taking it 1 year ago, I have had insomnia and my doc prescribed zopiclone. Has anyone else had insomnia problems with sertraline? I am also considering stopping it altogether, do I do this over a couple of weeks or longer? I need to sleep without needing a sleeping tablet and also to cope without sertraline and its side effects. Thanks
Update: ps I have been taking zopiclone for 1 year also, I think that is quite long enough for something supposed to be short term!