How can christians have faith knowing that science has proved evolution to be a fact?

Evolution is a proven scientific fact. Science proved that Adam and Eve did not exist as well as the talking snake etc so why do you people still believe the bible are you really that blind?

22 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Mr. Common sense -- go back to school!

Fact is something for which one can write a "law" in science. Have you ever noticed that there are no "laws" in the world of the biological sciences?

You are expressing nothing more than your personal beliefs and are as blind as Creationists who believe that the earth is 6,000 years old, was created in six days (each equivalent to a rotation of our planet), and think that the Bible was written by the finger of God!

Change is fact, but it is _not_ everything associated with the theories (plural) of evolution.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Diane
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

As a Christian I would agree with your well thought out analysis. I think it comes down to two groups having faith in two different things (in a metaphorical sense you might even say two separate gods). Christians rely upon the God of the Bible when they denounce the idea of (macro)evolution, as they believe God will demonstrate at some point in time how modern science is flawed and how actual science supports the Biblical account of Creation. Evolutionists, if you don't mind that term, believe in modern science - putting much faith in men with PHDs, etc. and seeing them as more reliable than the God of the Bible. So we may not agree on which god to trust, but I think we both agree, especially in light of the fact that there is much to yet be discovered in the study of evolution, that there is an inherent element of faith in both instances.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

How does evolution prove that there is no God? Or no Adam and Eve? Surely you cannot take every story in the Bible literally, some things should be taken with some figurative value to it.

• 1 decade ago

Science has never proven anything, ever. There are no proofs in science. Scientists cannot even prove water is wet. That being said, evolution is a great theory that everyone should learn and understand.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Science has proved nothing. It has not prove when the first person evolved. It has not proved why there is not more new creatures coming from evolution. It has not proved why man an woman. It has not proved how man invented to have sexual relation to keep existing. It has not proved how long the first man lived and waited for a woman to evolve in order to keep existing. It has not proved how from nothing can the heaven and the Earth exist. It has not proved why there is life on the Earth but in Mars the evolution has not taken place. It has not proved how the Earth can be hanging on nothing.

In short, science is just theory. Christ is the reality of all.

• 5 years ago

Are YOU really that stupid....No you cant be, can you? Evolution is not fact its a theory!

And who the hell told you that science proved that Adam and eve didnt exist? This is impossible to prove or disprove, Ohh sorry I forgot you have no clue what the word "Science" actually means.

Source(s): Common sense
  • 1 decade ago

Please cite the proof that "Science proved that Adam and Eve did not exist."

Once again the small groups of Atheists and Creationists are trying to make us believe that we have to choose between God and Science. This is not true.

Most Christians do not take the stories of creation in the Bible literally. Catholics believe the book of Genesis tells religious truth and not necessarily historical fact.

One of the religious truths is that God created everything and declared all was good.

The account of the Adam and Eve in Genesis chapter 3 uses figurative language, but affirms a primeval event, a deed that took place at the beginning of the history of man. If we assume that Evolution is true, the scenario might happen like this. A manlike being is slowly evolving. At some point God gives these beings a soul. They become human beings with free will and responsibility.

These human beings (you can call them Adam and Eve if you like) lived in complete “original” holiness, in perfect loving relationships with God and each other. They loved God with all their heart, with all their soul, and with all their mind. They loved their neighbors as much as they loved themselves.

Then the first human beings chose to break off this relationship with God, choosing to be selfish instead of loving. This was the Original Sin.

On August 12, 1950 Pope Pius XII said in his encyclical Humani generis:

The Teaching Authority of the Church does not forbid that, in conformity with the present state of human sciences and sacred theology, research and discussions, on the part of men experienced in both fields, take place with regard to the doctrine of evolution, in as far as it inquires into the origin of the human body as coming from pre-existent and living matter - for the Catholic faith obliges us to hold that souls are immediately created by God.

Here is the complete encyclical: http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/pius_xii/encycli...

And here is the Address of Pope John Paul II to the Pontifical Academy of Sciences on October 22, 1996 speaking of the Theory of Evolution: http://www.newadvent.org/library/docs_jp02tc.htm

Here is an interesting article about Pope John Paul II's opinion in the matter: http://www.americamagazine.org/content/article.cfm...

The Church supports science in the discovery of God's creation. At this time, the big bang and evolution are the most logical scientific explanations.

As long as we believe that God started the whole thing, both the Bible and responsible modern science can live in harmony.

The Clergy Letter Project an open letter endorsing the Theory of Evolution signed by over 10,000 clergy from many different Christian denominations: http://www.butler.edu/clergyproject/rel_evol_sun.h...

With love in Christ.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Kiltzmiller VS Dover. In the world of rational and educated people, it's essential to be objective. Why does there have to be a choice? Isn't it possible that both sides of this useless argument hold merit and are truth? It is only because of the control factor that each side so viciously defends its narrow- minded point of view.

• 1 decade ago

You know, you're name could NOT be any less truthful! You clearly possess NO common sense! But in your world of delusion and mental onanism it's science against religion, eh? Okay, I take up your gauntlet, my good fellow!

Over there is a rock of unknown age. By "unknown," let me be clear that I mean that this rock predates ANY new human knowledge of its origins or age. Got it? Now, along comes Mr. Smartypants, whom I'm guessing is your cousin. He "explains" this theory of carbon dating then applies his theory to that rock and says that it's 1.3 million years old.

And you sir, say ... "Wow! You're a genious! HOW did you do that?" NOW ... help me out Mr. Common Sense.... If no one knows what is the RIGHT answer then how can we check the results of this so-called "scientific" carbon-dating? I'm just saying ... you don't know; yet, you choose to believe! Your faith--if I can use that word that is so shockingly disdainful--is in science; i.e., it is your faith that makes you believe, NOT the proof. For in fact there is NO PROOF that carbon dating is accurate! In fact, there is MUCH evidence that it's not accurate!

Now ... let's skip merrily over to your pet subject of evolution. Carbon dating was just a teaser. A warm up, if you will? Evolution is according to MISTER Common Sense "proved" by "science ... to be a fact."

Obviously you are a little intoxicated! Let's CLARIFY that there are AT LEAST two types of evolution in question:

1. Micro-evolution: Species changing over time; e.g., nature favoring taller people who marry other taller people for centuries. CONCEPTUALLY, eventually shorter people would become fewer and fewer to the point of eventual extinction. Micro-evolution.

2. MACRO-evolution: Species changing sooooooooooooooooo radically that they become ... well, new species. It's species hopping.

There is ALSO the entire saga of how the world came to be, LIFE came to be, how EVOLUTION changed that life over time, to the point of the world we have today. REMEMBER ... this tale denies God!!! This tale says for example that the big bang just spontaneous happened. IF it had a cause, it sure wasn't God! This tale says that once conditions became right that life was sustainable that life spontaneously happened. Again ... WHATEVER caused life to spontaneously happen, it sure wasn't God!!!

There was that first primordial slime, which is this manifestation of the spontaneous birth of life. I frankly have no idea why under this tale of intrigue OTHER life forms couldn't just spontaneously come to be, but no! It's your lie; so, you get to tell it your way! ALL LIFE supposedly evolved from this first life.

I believe classic Darwin "proof" of this was the startling similarities between bird wing bones, the bones of animal paws, and the hands of the so-called "human animals." I admit that there ARE similarities; I simply ask: "Why couldn't God have simply chosen to use variations on the same design? Isn't it utilitarian?" If Darwin were alive today, he'd be like ... "Huh? Uh ... well, uh ... I have to go to the bathroom."

But YOU, Mr. Common Sense, SURELY see that IF there were an almighty God that He in fact COULD HAVE designed the bird's wing, the animal's paw, and the human's hand of similar design! YOU Mr. Common Sense must admit that there's NOTHING in this so called proof that precludes a God or truly proves evolution!

FURTHER ... we ask the simplest "common sensical" questions. Has science EVER proved that life can just spontaneously come to be, simply because conditions are right?

How is it that evolution supposedly explains the fauna path of life but the flora is ignored? Do bananas and apes share a common ancestor? How is it that MALES and FEMALES both supposedly evolved? How is it that PART of this evolutionary process was built in a reproductive cycle? HOW did these various life forms figure out that hey! if we do this, we can make babies?

I mean, are you SERIOUS that you think that from a primoridial slime came males and females of DIFFERENT reproductive systems playing out different roles and that somehow evolution "told" the creatures to mate? LOL!!!

To hear the average schmuck tell it, there's A missing link to evolutionary theory. I would like to point out to you, being Mr. Common Sense, that even ONE missing link is sufficient to conclude that evolutionary THEORY is NOT scientific fact, but in fact there are MANY missing links!

Show me the science that could possibly explain how ALL life came to be from that first life! Keep in mind the myriad ways that things reproduce! Explain scientifically of course how that first life came to be. Explain the big bang! Explain how evolution took care of reproduction and just answer me this ...

IF evolution as a system is so damned smart that it can on its own create males and females of each species ABLE to reproduce then why wouldn't evolution just keep producing mor

• 1 decade ago

I evolved from a sperm and a egg. Thank you JEsus for your wisdom. Evolution is a term made up by the Illuminati to try and get naive people to turn from the Creator and sustain-er of life God Almighty. It has worked on many fools.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.