Is this a strongly written professional resume? I have spent a lot of time writing my resume?
Dedicated customer focused administrative professional offering significant experience in self-directed position requiring effective support, secretarial, and administrative abilities. Proven interpersonal, communications, and multi-tasking skills. Adaptable team player recognized for willingness to learn and teach newly acquired skills.
• 3 yrs. of administrative experience in a health care setting, handling multi-faceted clerical tasks .
• Exceptional ability to communicate effectively with staff, patients, and public.
• Ability to translate from English to Spanish.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
• First Aid/CPR certified from American Red Cross
Bachelor’s of Arts- Psychology California State University Dominguez Hills
Concentration Courses: Behavior Modification, Abnormal Psychology, Case Management Functions.
Residential Treatment Facility, Bayfront Youth and Family Services
Administrative Secretary, 2006- Present
• Provided administrative support to all departments. Maintained department calendar.
• Compiled statistical data for monthly and quarterly reports.
• Managed legal and medical documents and billing for CEO/Administrator.
• Audited charts for the unit. Attended Utilization review meetings.
Accomplishments: Created and organized an information center for our department. Results: Better
access to information, and less time searching for it. Employee of the Month- June.
2008, Nov. 2009. Commended for being a team player in intiating a team effort
to help resolve a work unit crisis with our clients.
Psychiatric Hospital, Kedren Community Mental Health Center
Case Manager- Children’s Outpatient, 2005-2006
• Worked with at-risk youth and their families to help minimize their defiant behavior youth were exhibiting.
• Translated for Spanish speaking clients. Maintained progress notes in clients charts.
• Provided referrals to clients in housing, education, mental health, and medication services.
• Handled and resolved more than 20 cases of families in providing family stabilization and re-unification.
Accomplishments: Provided outstanding services to both clients and departments during our Audit Survey.
Level 14 Group Home H.V. Group Home, Inc.
Youth Counselor, 2004-2005
• Counseled juveniles with behavior problems and promoted the safety and well being of adolescents.
• Taught groups on life skills, anger management, and positive self-image.
• Charted and filed notes for social workers and probation department.
Accomplishments: Received “Employee of the Month” for taking on more responsibilities of other
employees and intervening in a crisis situation with a client. Received high
performance evaluations from supervisors for exhibiting leadership and excellent work