Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

Alicia Silverstone in "The Crush" was her name "Darian or Adrian?" & other ?'s?

I saw it when I was younger one time & I could have sworn her name was Darian but I am watching it on Encore Love right now & her name is "Adrian". Why was it changed? Or was it changed?

Also in the end does she STILL have a crush on Nick? She is writing multitudes of letters to Nick but she has a picture of her DR in her room like she did of Nick, then the screen fades with her "mischievous" smile. It's obvious she's developing a crush on her DR too . Has she forgotten Nick? or is the film just showing that she hasn't made as much "progress" as her DR says & she's still dangerous?

Silly me I could have looked @ IMDB. Thanks.

Favorite Answer

# When the movie was edited for TV, Alicia Silverstone's character's name changed from Darian to Adrian. Screenwriter Alan Shapiro had based the film on actual events that happened to him and ended up being sued by the girl he wrote about, who had the same name as his "fictional" character.

# Although the main character's name is changed in the second version of the film including in the end credits, "Darian" (the original name) still appears on the letters she sends to Nick at the end of the film.

# The film's theatrical release in 1993 contained Alicia Silverstone's original character name Darian. Movie trailers, VHS and laserdisc versions also kept the name Darian. DVD and cable television versions were later dubbed and credited as Adrian. In the past, early cable television aired the name Darian.

# The name Adrian was dubbed. The dubbing was done by unknown actors because the studio could not afford to bring back the original actors, which explains the slight voice differentiation. Some words preceding the name Adrian were also dubbed for a more unnoticeable voice transition.

www.IMDB.com (Internet Movie Data Base)

I LOOOOVE that site! I reference it QUITE often!