How to unclog my toilet when plunger doesn't work???? Help!!!!?

Have a 3 year old. She used the toilet and now it will not flush or even slowly drain. We used the plunger with no success. We even tried sticking something farther up there to dislodge what ever it is that is blocking the water and still can't fix it. When we try to flush it the water does not even slowly drain down. Something is completely blocking the water from draining and flushing. How can I fix this without having to call a plumber.

Don't know if she put something down there or what....What could possibly be blocking it so bad that water will not slowly drain????

Favorite Answer

go to home depot and rent a snake put it down the drain they will know the one you need

if this doesn't work call a plumber

i usually fill the toilet with water till the top and let it sit when the water goes down do it again it sometimes loosen up the stuff

Heaven only knows what three-year-olds decide to flush down a toilet, but something is totally blocking the drain.

Without calling a plumber, I opt for the suggestion of emptying as much water out of the toilet as possible, yes a lot of towels will be necessary. Turn off the water supply to the toilet. Unbolt the toilet from the floor and remove it. This may take some work. What you will see is basically about a 6-inch round hole in the floor. Whatever is blocking it may be visible and you can remove it yourself.

Replacing the toilet will mean buying a new wax ring. You can't put the toilet back on the old one. You will also then have to make sure the toilet is seated properly on the wax ring, rebolt it to the floor, and re-caulk all around the edges.

I know you don't want to call a plumber, but they have tools to remove things without having to go through all this. By the time you're half-way through this process, you'll have wished you'd called a plumber.

try taking an old mop, a vileda works best as you can throw away the mop head. wrapping an old shirt around it and then for a good 3 or 4 minutes use it like a plunger. I swear to god it works. My son had put something down the toilet and I didn't want to call out a plumber. I looked online and went fro the mop option first and it worked. You really got to plung for a good 3 or 4 minutes though.

OK who's been flushing disposable diapers? For doing that you are going to have to call a plumber, and he's going to be ticked off even though they to get paid a lot.

Own up, which one of you brilliant parents is responsible.

i would turn of all the water and get a bunch of towels and remove the toilet.

then you might get a better view of what the problem is.

there might be something stuck inside the toilet, which might need more force to remove it.

well if it's waste than you should be able to break it up. but if not....

keep plunging...create a suction in the plunger and keep going...it will release....plunge baby plunge.