Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHomework Help · 1 decade ago

How much homework do you get per night in AP US History and AP Statistics?

I am considering taking AP US History next year. On average, if you don't procrastinate on the reading and studying, about how much work is there per night in that class? Thanks! My math teacher also wants me to take AP Statistics. Is the math very complicated? How hard is the AP Exam? Once again, how much homework would I have per night? Thanks!

• Kevin
    Favorite Answer

My APUSH class requires about 15-20 pages of reading and note taking per class, which is every other day. We are also given many historical documents that are not necessarily required but are suggested to help with what you are studying. It is a lot of work, unless you are an avid worker and have lots of time on your hands, I'm not sure those 2 AP classes are a good combination.

I am in my Junior year of high school, and trust me, you will receive a lot of homework in those classes. Even though I have chosen not to take AP US History this year, many of my friends do. The book is a college level book. There are no pictures or big font words. The words are tiny and very difficult to read, especially if you would rather not to. If this would be your first AP history course, I would not recommend it. I took AP World History for two months last year ( I eventually dropped out of it into a standard class, but I did make a 100 in AP World History for the first nine weeks). You would have to have a rigorous schedule that would set aside reading 5 -10 pages every night. You should expect a test and numerous essays every week. Personally, I could do it, but I wanted to enjoy my high school years, not spend it studying 24/7. I am taking AP Pre-Cal this year, so in AP Statistics, you should probably expect homework every day, and a quiz or test every week. I recommend taking that class based on how strong your math skills are. If you think you can handle it, then go for it :D.

Source(s): Experience Junior in High School Top 10%

AP Stat is unlike any other math class. It is a lot more reasoning, deduction, understanding of your answers. There is very limited actual math involved (as opposed to Analysis or Calculus). Most of the calculations are done with functions of the calculator.

For me, the exam wasn't that hard at all. I'm probably biased though because my stat teacher was really hard so the tests we had in that class were harder than the AP. Homework was usually read the chapter and then a couple of problems from the book.

Source(s): AP Stat 3 years ago

I'm in AP US history right now and we get a crap load of notes to write per week. I have roughly over 200 pgs of notes typed and we're just about to take the final.

In terms of AP Stat, I'm not taking it, but people say that it is a blow off class and our teacher says its more like an english class than a math class.

Of course, in the end, the workload differs from teacher to teacher.

in AP and IB history classes, I get a lot of bookwork, but i dont get homework every night. In stats, i get homework every night though. In those two classes( depending on how good you are at math), about an hour. I'm a freshman, right now, but my teachers say the homework increases by 30-60mins each year

AP US History usually 20 pages of notes.

Source(s): APUSH circa 2005
  • suesue

it depends on your school.

I took AP European History and didn't think it was bad but friends at other schools thought it was horrible I also thought the AP Exam was easy but I also really knew the material

AP Micro Economics was terrible and I didn't take the AP Exam

So much reading that even when u go take a dump u gotta be reading that damn book on the toilet

are you in Mission San Jose HIgh School in Fremont

haha

just wondering

you get pretty much a lot of homework sometimes

it really depends

hope it would help

A lot.