Pink Floyd fans: are PF extremely pretentious & overrated (plz read details of the question)?

PF is the ultimate in smarmy, mellowed-out, overproduced, self-indulgent, snide elevator-music studio drivel for people that really don't like rock and roll in the first place. Listening to PF is like being forced to ingest Thorazine capsules in a dark depressing room with a TV set put on its' side showing a test pattern and then being suddenly told in a deep condescending voice that your parents have just been killed in a car crash. Then someone else tells you that everything is still OK though, in the ever-existing-time-space-cosmos or some such pseudo-intellectual crap. Sorry all of you elitist pen-clicking audiophiles and wannabee introspective new age spiritualists and former peyote burnouts, PF TOTALLY SUCKS!

Is it necessary for them to add sounds to everything? Like the cash register, I think there is a helicopter on one of their songs, boring. Innovative, but nothing special. You can say the same thing for their lasers in the live shows, innovative; but not indicative of any incredible musical talent. Their music is boring and slow, unfortunately. I think it's pretty stupid for all these kids here to be wearing DSOTM shirts, and not know anything about Pink Floyd besides the album.

Overreact much? PF had a looooong career, the early albums like saucer full of secrets and obscured by clouds (my fav) are way different then darkside, the wall, division bell etc. If you don't like them that's cool, but not sure why you would write a long rant abou them...spending lots of time on something you don't like and knowing the fans will leap to the bands defense? Altho I agree with you on kids wearing dsotm t's, its like people who wear che shirts, he ordered so many people to be killed bc they didn't believe in his brand of communism, and he died a coward...any way, think ill go listen to some floyd now .=)

• motty

you don't like Pink Floyd because you know nothing about them and their contribution to music.. Pink Floyd's work is marked by the use of philosophical lyrics, sonic experimentation, innovative album cover art, and elaborate live shows. One of rock music's most critically acclaimed and commercially successful acts, the group has sold over 200 million albums worldwide, including 74.5 million certified units in the United States alone.

So put that in your pipe and smoke it!!

You evidently do not understand the story that PF is trying to tell. The Wall is a story about his life. It's deep, emotional and for you, above you to understand. There concerts have been some of the best shows i've ever been to !! Just because you don't like it doesn't mean they suk. It's a different kind of music. So just stfu and don't listen to it.

• Sarah

Wow. You must have an extremely boring life to sit and listen to music you don't enjoy then write a mini-essay about it. Common sense would tell a normal person that if they don't enjoy what they are listening to to turn the station. Sorry your life sucks so much.

Totally agree. I've never been able to stand PF for more than like 3 seconds.

All their songs depress the HELL out of me, and I hate all the sound effects they use too. Boring a** sh*t. If they had half the talent everyone claims, they wouldn't need distractions like sound effects for the tunes or lasers at the shows.

Overrated is right!

Just don't listen to them.

I guess It's not the first time you asked this question.

Pink Floyd is the bestest. You go die.

Source(s): My penis

i just like their song ' Time '