Pink Floyd fans: are PF extremely pretentious & overrated (plz read details of the question)?

PF is the ultimate in smarmy, mellowed-out, overproduced, self-indulgent, snide elevator-music studio drivel for people that really don't like rock and roll in the first place. Listening to PF is like being forced to ingest Thorazine capsules in a dark depressing room with a TV set put on its' side showing a test pattern and then being suddenly told in a deep condescending voice that your parents have just been killed in a car crash. Then someone else tells you that everything is still OK though, in the ever-existing-time-space-cosmos or some such pseudo-intellectual crap. Sorry all of you elitist pen-clicking audiophiles and wannabee introspective new age spiritualists and former peyote burnouts, PF TOTALLY SUCKS!

Is it necessary for them to add sounds to everything? Like the cash register, I think there is a helicopter on one of their songs, boring. Innovative, but nothing special. You can say the same thing for their lasers in the live shows, innovative; but not indicative of any incredible musical talent. Their music is boring and slow, unfortunately. I think it's pretty stupid for all these kids here to be wearing DSOTM shirts, and not know anything about Pink Floyd besides the album.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Funny, it seems like you care more about them than most fans would, and you don't even like them.

• 1 decade ago

How many times are you going to repost this? If you must be a C&P troll, at least mix it up with some other stuff.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

So if you don't like them then go back to listening to Limp Bizkit. Why feel the need to spread hate on R&S?

• 1 decade ago

Could you repeat this "question" in the Pets>Cats section?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

You can take comfort, in knowing, that although you think they suck, they don't even know you exist.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

this is the year 2000.....ahh okayyyyyyyyyyy

Source(s): EDIT: I felt the need to say get with the program Ron
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.