" THE MILLENNIAL KINGDOM " Some Christians believe comes after the said 2nd coming of Christ?

They believe Christ will return to earth and set up a kingdom in Jerusalem and reign there for a 1000 yrs and the saved will be priest. These verses is believed to support their ideal : Revelation 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them... show more They believe Christ will return to earth and set up a kingdom in Jerusalem and reign there for a 1000 yrs and the saved will be priest.

These verses is believed to support their ideal :

Revelation 20:4
And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and THEY LIVED AND REIGNED WITH CHRIST A THOUSAND YEARS.

Revelation 5:10
And hast made us unto our God KINGS AND PRIESTs: and WE SHALL REIGN ON THE EARTH.

Revelation 20:6
Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the FIRST RESURRECTION: on such the second death hath no power, BUT THEY SHALL BE PRIESTS OF GOD AND OF CHRIST, and shall REIGN WITH HIM A THOUSAND YEARS.

Taking that as a FUTURE EVENT , here is the problem :

2 Peter 3:10
But THE DAY OF THE LORD will come as a thief in the night; in the which THE HEAVENS SHALL PASS AWAY with a great noise, and the ELEMENTS shall MELT with fervent heat, the EARTH ALSO AND THE WORKS that are therein SHALL BE BURNED UP.
2 Peter 3:13
Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for NEW HEAVENS and a NEW EARTH, wherein DWELLETH RIGHTEOUSNESS.
>
According to Christians, some believe, the REST of the DEAD will be given a second chance during the Millenial kingdom.

But Peter said it will be a new heavens and earth and ONLY RIGHTEOUSNESS DWELL THERE IN.

So, why would a rigtheous one need a second chance ?

If Pet said this will be burned up, where will there be for Christ to set up a kingdom for 1000 yrs. ?
>
Their error accured when they took the 1000 yrs as a FUTURE event, not realizing a 1000 yrs can be as 1 day ( 2Pet.3:8 )

When Messiah ROSE and the sainst rose after him, that was the FIRST RESURRECTION, they LIVED AND REIGNED WITH HIM THAT 1 DAY.
It was that same day, SATAN was bounded for a 1000 yrs and then loosed to deceive again.

THE REST OF THE DEAD which lived not with those that rose with Messiah until the 1000 yrs was finish, were Messiah's DISCIPLES of which after that 1000 yr / 1 day were completed, he appear unto them and BREATH ON THEM (( John 20:22 )) and they lived ( SPIRITUAL ALIVE ) and had PART in the SAME RESURRECTION as did those.

Now the FIRST RESURRECTION DIDN'T STOP WITH THEM, it's still going as I speak and THERE WILL BE NO SECOND of which is why you MUST! HAVE PART in the 1st:

Ephesians 2:1
And you hath he QUICKENED, who WERE DEAD in trespasses and sins

As they were made PRIEST and KINGS who REIGN with Messiah for 1 day / 1000 yrs...... Like wise WE also who hath part in the FIRST RESURRECTION with them hath been made KINGS and PRIEST to REIGN with Messiah NOW! :

1 Peter 2:9
But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people;

If Christians is wrong on this, how much more are they wrong about ?
8 answers 8