Do you like the name Mara?

And what middle names would you use for it?

eg. Mara Joy

Mara Elizabeth

Mara Grace

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Omg. I am so excited right now! Someone else who likes the name Mara!! lol. It's on my future baby names list to honor my grandma Mary, and I actually had the combo Mara Grace, so that's definitely my favorite. I think it's a beautiful and different name. It's also unique without sounding made up or trendy. I also love the combo of Mara Catherine. Good luck! =)

Source(s): Mara lovers unite!
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

I really like both Mara and Maura. Pretty, unusual, but not silly or strange. I'd pair it with a traditional style middle name.

Mara Caroline

Mara Corinne

Mara Josephine

Mara Katherine

Mara Paige

Mara Danielle

Mara Rachel

I would avoid names that begin with vowels. I like Mara Elizabeth and Mara Abigail, but the end of Mara and the beginning of the middles blend together too much.

• peebo
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Mara Grace sounds beautiful

• Liz
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

I've loved the name Mara for years. It's unusual, yet easy to spell and pronounce; it's elegant yet accessible, and it's Biblical. It wins on every score!

My favorite of your choices is Mara Grace. Other suggestions: Mara Jane, Mara Beth, Mara Cecily, Mara Catherine, Mara Claire, Mara Belle, Mara Brynn, Mara Gwen, Mara Camille, Mara Simone, Mara Clarisse, Mara Dominique, Mara Josephine, Mara Caroline, Mara Naomi (this would be interesting since Mara and Naomi were two names for the same person in the Bible).

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Mara is not a name you hear everyday. I think that it is pretty. Mara Joy flows nice.

Other suggestions:

Mara Lynn

Mara Lee/Leigh

Mara Hope

Mara Lily

Mara Jade

Mara Jayne

Mara Taylor

Hope this helps :)

• 1 decade ago

I do like it. It's probably my favorite variation of Mary (others would be Marie, Molly, Maria, etc). For middle names I like Mara Elaine, Mara Christine and Mara Leanne. Hope this helped =)

• Jamesa
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

I like it, personally, it's short but sweet :)

I think Mara Elizabeth would fit nicely, I found out the meaning of both on the source links below. I'm sorry if they're not what you're looking for ^^"

• 1 decade ago

Mara Naomi (Mara = bitter, Naomi = pleasant/delightful).

Source(s): Book of Ruth
  • 1 decade ago

i prefer the name Amara, but its still nice

• 1 decade ago

i like maria better

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.