Do you like the name Mara?

And what middle names would you use for it?

eg. Mara Joy

Mara Elizabeth

Mara Grace

Favorite Answer

Omg. I am so excited right now! Someone else who likes the name Mara!! lol. It's on my future baby names list to honor my grandma Mary, and I actually had the combo Mara Grace, so that's definitely my favorite. I think it's a beautiful and different name. It's also unique without sounding made up or trendy. I also love the combo of Mara Catherine. Good luck! =)

Source(s): Mara lovers unite!

I really like both Mara and Maura. Pretty, unusual, but not silly or strange. I'd pair it with a traditional style middle name.

Mara Caroline

Mara Corinne

Mara Josephine

Mara Katherine

Mara Paige

Mara Danielle

Mara Rachel

I would avoid names that begin with vowels. I like Mara Elizabeth and Mara Abigail, but the end of Mara and the beginning of the middles blend together too much.

• peebo

Mara Grace sounds beautiful

• Liz

I've loved the name Mara for years. It's unusual, yet easy to spell and pronounce; it's elegant yet accessible, and it's Biblical. It wins on every score!

My favorite of your choices is Mara Grace. Other suggestions: Mara Jane, Mara Beth, Mara Cecily, Mara Catherine, Mara Claire, Mara Belle, Mara Brynn, Mara Gwen, Mara Camille, Mara Simone, Mara Clarisse, Mara Dominique, Mara Josephine, Mara Caroline, Mara Naomi (this would be interesting since Mara and Naomi were two names for the same person in the Bible).

Mara is not a name you hear everyday. I think that it is pretty. Mara Joy flows nice.

Other suggestions:

Mara Lynn

Mara Lee/Leigh

Mara Hope

Mara Lily

Mara Jade

Mara Jayne

Mara Taylor

Hope this helps :)

I do like it. It's probably my favorite variation of Mary (others would be Marie, Molly, Maria, etc). For middle names I like Mara Elaine, Mara Christine and Mara Leanne. Hope this helped =)

• Jamesa

I like it, personally, it's short but sweet :)

I think Mara Elizabeth would fit nicely, I found out the meaning of both on the source links below. I'm sorry if they're not what you're looking for ^^"

Mara Naomi (Mara = bitter, Naomi = pleasant/delightful).

Source(s): Book of Ruth

i prefer the name Amara, but its still nice

i like maria better