should i try out for my school baseball team?

im in 8th grade and last year i got cut. i also recently got cut from an aau team i tried out for. i really dont wanna deal with going to school the day after tryouts if i get cut again. i think i have about a 50/50 shot. should i try out?

Favorite Answer

I always regret giving up on baseball after my freshman coach gave me the clipboard on opening day despite the fact that I was the best first baseman and pitcher on the team. The coach took over the team just as the season was starting and he hadn't seen any practices. Our original coach quit just after spring training. The new guy new most of the other players cuz he was a coach in the leauge on the north side of town. I was from the south side. I was so pissed to not play in the first game that I never came back and I never played baseball again. I tried out again senior year, but my skills had diminished and I missed a day of tryouts, so I didn't make the team. If I had truly dedicated myself to baseball I know I could have at the very least gotten a scholarship to a small school. Don't give up on your dreams. If you love baseball, play baseball and don't let the haters get you down.

Go for it, and if you fail then at least you know.

yea do it. i never played in middle school, cut in 7th and 8th grade, and never actually got any solid playing time with my other team, but decided to try out for my high school on a whim and actually proved i could play on JV. worked hard and eventually sophomore year i started on varsity. like jordan or gretzky said, you miss 100% of the shots you dont take. you really have nothing to lose. find a team to play on this spring and summer, work on your fundamentals and condition and you give yourself better than a 50/50 chance of making the team

go for it! you got nothing to lose. i tried out my 6th grade year (for softball) and didn't make it. tried out again in 8th grade, didn't make it til one of the girls got hurt and they needed a new player. andddd now i'm a junior in high school, made the softball team last year and this year. Now people claim i'm one of the best players. funny how it works right

Ya go ahead it never hurts to try remember JORDAN didnt make the basketball team the fist time he tried

Yeah go for it.Or else you will regret it and look back and always wonder if you would of made the team.Good Luck.Remember Never give up.

Absolutely. Good luck.

you should do it man. I hope I could be you so I would go for it. Good Luck. And never give up. ok?

ask someone whose seen you play